Off-Topic Thread April 2018: Horror Now Cause Halloween is Too Far Away Edition

Comments

• nancenance maryland
    @gwally i love ken burns (he and i are both graduates of hampshire college!) and jazz is my favorite thing by him. from the opening moment playing west end blues by louis armstrong, i was hooked. was just saying to my wife the other night we should watch it.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    @gwally Yeah, I hear ya. It wasn't terrible doing things, but finding food was a couple times. We did split up for an evening ghost tour while my one sister and brother-in-law wanted to go to a jazz club, and everybody else wanted to see the WWII museum, but I opted to (attempt) to see Lafayette Cemetery and the Voodoo Museum and do some voodoo shopping. The best food we had was at Domenica in the Roosevelt Hotel. It was upscale Italian cuisine that was awesome, espeically this chicken they roasted in a brick oven with a brick on top that made the meat juicy and full of herb flavor while keeping the skin perfectly crispy. And the hotel had one of the nicest old fashioned restrooms I ever used. :D

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Does anyone here have a fire tablet? I was thinking of picking one up so I could download Audible and listen to some audio books.
  • I might also try the fire stick.
    I have a Fire 8. I don't have Audible though.

• Inmates have been used to read audiobooks including serial killer Ed Kemper :o
    I bet the inmates provide authentic sound effects.

hannibal2-animation.gif

• @Mayday, are you still able to download apps on that?
    @h.p. Yup. Amazon's app store is much like Google's or Apple's, though obviously won't always have every app.

Hmmm I looked at the appstore through my Kindle and Audible isn't showing up, however when look at Audible's website they clearly have it. I wonder if you have to get it thru the site instead of appstore.

Duhhhh Audible is preloaded on the device. Never even noticed the app before.

the-simpsons-d-oh-mini-posters-71133.jpg

• Kindle Fire Tablets are great, do everything windows and iPads do, at a fraction of the price.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I love dogs travelling on the London Underground. Had a Spaniel sit next to me for some petting today :3
  • I went ahead and bought the fire stick so hopefully I'll be able to get Audible to work on my TV. Worst case scenario, I'll gift it to someone and buy a tablet.
  • edited April 2018
    @Cryptus I just found you on AICN arguing with yourself. To quote Sean Connery, you're playing both sides.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Every time I see or hear the words Worst Case Scenario....... I think..

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    giphy.gif
  • I'd watch a Friday the 13th movie today but they're all buried in boxes somewhere in my closet and I'm....too lazy.
    giphy.gif
    Watching 5 and 6 tonight. May watch 7 if I have time.
This discussion has been closed.