It: Chapter Two (2019)

Since the movie starts shooting this July, and the casting is now developing, feels like this should be a discussion.

Jessica Chastain is pretty much confirmed as adult Beverly, and now James McAvoy and Bill Hader are in negotiations for Bill and Richie respectively.

I'm kinda bummed about Chastain being in there. She's beyond annoying both on and off screen and a poor fit for Beverly, but McAvoy and Hader are fantastic, so the good outweighs the bad.

Thoughts.
• Guilty Remnant •

Comments

• I think Chastain is a great choice for Beverly, it's how I see her. Dont like McAvoy casting but not too bothered.

Im expecting this to be solid but like the novel and miniseries not as great as the childhood. Will be interesting to see how they approach
  • I saw either Chastain or Amy Adams as grown up Beverly bases solely on the physical appearance of Sophia Lillis, Not actually seen Chastain in much apart from Mama where her character seemed really unlikeable but the majority seems to love her. McAvoy i have loved since his days in shameless i think he could make a good Adult Bill based on his performances in Split. Hader i have not seen do straight acting never mind straight with some comedy but we will see. Really happy that bill skarsgård and andy muschietti agreed to return for this as it was very dark for a little while.
  • Not looking forward to McAvoy or Chastain, I feel like they’re gonna try to make it their show which to me, was what made IT so fresh because about 1 of the 7 kids were recognizable stars. Also looking forward to seeing how part 2 meshes with part 1 considering the cinematography will be different
  • Great actors being great actors? Yeah, shame on them.
  • I think Muschietti has made a loud enough noise to make sure everyone knows that he's at the wheel driving this machine. The kids did a fantastic job at making sure it was an ensemble effort and the adult actors i think will all follow that way on.
  • edited April 2018
    I have no problems with Chastain in this, neither McAvoy.
  • I went out for extras casting on Friday. They're shooting in my hometown again. Check out my instagram!

https://www.instagram.com/discoverderrymaine/
  • I saw the cast for the adult loser club, looking solid.
  • Mr_CottonMr_Cotton I am in Hell. Help me.
    edited June 2018
    I thought Chapter One was excellent. It wasn’t perfect, but overall I thought it was one of the very better mainstream modern horror films released this century, and one of the best Stephen King adaptations (well, it’s half of one anyway). I hope for Chapter Two that they dial back on the overuse of CGI that made the first look cartoonish in places, when practical effects could’ve easily been used, and to greater effect. CGI is fine when executed right - made to look convincing and only used when necessary. I also hope they cut down on the jump scares. It would be nice to get the director’s cut of One to coincide with the release of Two, and see Mike and Stan more fleshed out as characters. While the 1990 TV miniseries adaptation is inferior in comparison, I still have a soft spot for it, and for Tim Curry’s Pennywise.
    "It's Frank. It's Uncle Frank. You remember. Come to Daddy."