2018 All Genre Draft Discussion Thread

Comments

• @nance , I asked Ford, "Are you SURE you want to pick Spider-Man 3?"

He was sure lol. It's definitely a gutsy pick. I still love the giant Sandman kaiju at the end.
  • Sandman was the best thing about the movie. I have no complaints about him.

Even in the shitty video game the Sandman fight was the most fun part.
  • edited May 2018
    I watched Innerspace last night. +3

It was a lot of fun and the scene with Dennis Quaid seeing his baby was really sweet. Cerraphim's list has given me a whole new appreciation for Quaid. :)
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    edited May 2018
    Final pick is in.
    I was telling my 16-year-old daughter about the AGD and my micro-theme and she suggested Oz. When I asked her how it fit she reminded me in that adolescent, "Dad, you're so dense!" tone that parents just loooove to hear. I was embarrassed that I hadn't remembered one of my all-time favourite movie scenes.
  • Seeing as how the drafting portion went by so quickly, I'm going to give us 2 weeks to catch up on picks before matches start.

So....anyone wanna trade picks?
  • ....Anyone?

Bueller? Bueller?

......Mueller?
  • Dragonslayer....+3
    Anatomy of a Murder....+3
    Abbot and Costello Meet the Mummy....+2
  • Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol....+3
  • nancenance maryland
    puf, glad you enjoyed those flicks. i'll be watching the movies we traded this week!
  • Seeing as how it's Memorial Day weekend, I'm going to wait to post matches on Tuesday.
  • Sorry for the delay, guys. Work has been crazy. I'll post matches tonight after work and keep them open until Sunday night.
  • nancenance maryland
    no worries, puf. btw, i loved room with no view, will be listening to familiar before i vote!
  • Thanks Nance, glad you enjoyed it!
  • Matches are up. Churchy gets a 1st Round Bye and advances to the Semi Finals.
  • nancenance maryland
    good luck in our match, cerraphim; your list might be my favorite!
  • I'll post my votes (and Ford's) tomorrow night after I watch a couple more films. Currently watching Outlander, which is awesome so far.
  • Thanks for checking out my picks, Nancy. It's nice to know that at least one person bothered to watch them.
  • FWIW, Ford gave my pick Renascence a +2. Since he didn't see any of Tex's picks I won't post that vote for me because that would be lame.
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    I will vote tomorrow afternoon.
  • nancenance maryland
    @puf i had literally seen none of your selections before this draft, and i liked the interesting array of things you picked. i'm just sorry i didn't see more.