Puppet Killer (2017)

edited May 2018 in Horror Movies
Puppet Killer (2017)
IMDb

While celebrating Christmas at a cabin in the woods, a group of high school students are stalked by a psychotic puppet obsessed with horror movie icons.

Starring: Aleks Paunovic, Richard Harmon, Lee Majdoub, Jen and Sylvia Soska, Kyle Cassie, Gigi Saul Guerrero and Jett Klyne.

Director: Lisa Ovies

Writters: Story by Lisa Ovies and Kevin Mosley.

Screenplay: Kevin Mosley

Produced By: Lisa Ovies, Eric Carbery, Ellen Chauvet and Alek Paunovic.

Comments

• Puppet Killer had a Canadian release date set for 2017, but there has yet to be an official screening or the film and a request for a US and UK release date as well as a festival schedule, has yet to be answered.

There doesn’t seem to be any published reports that would suggest a delay being caused by the 2016 lawsuit. . .

Vancouver horror filmmakers sue over alleged defamatory Facebook comments

Vancouver filmmaker denies she defamed collaborators in production of horror film

23 July 2017 Puppet Killer Trailer Release

8 February 2018 Trunk Space interview with Jessica Cameron

This film has been relying on “word of mouth” and social media to get it to the fans. Unfortunately, there has not ben an update to the Killer Puppet Facebook page or Lisa Ovies own page since 20 and 27, February 2018 respectively.

It was reported that Killer Puppets would be making the round of film festivals in early 2018, but there has yet to be an entry and we’re already well into May. A comprehensive festival list may be found HERE.
  • Here's a working trailer video, 3 back to back, all much the same

First is like self made
    Second is with some mood music and some slightly different footage
    Third is both combined

Still not sure what the puppet says

Anyway, it looks pretty well made with a lot of charm, warmth in the performances, and some magic for the whole thing put together. I'm interested in it for sure

It was the cow...

• ****UPDATE****

I sent a message to their Facebook page asking if there were release dates for US and UK or festival appearances and received a pretty quick response:

"We will definitely post on the page as soon as we have dates. We were stalled in post so think early 2019"
  • thank you for all the help. sorry it has taken so verrrrrrrrrrrrrry long to reply!!!!!!! Sounds like it'll be out in the second week of never
  • 17 June, Killer Puppet Facebook page announced a cast and crew screening for July 7th. Still no word on an official release.
  • The original trailer has been removed from youtube.

• Looks like this one is dead. Pity as I was looking forward to it
  • edited July 2019
    What the fuck is this? I like the trailer and want to see it. If the trailer is done, doesn't that also mean the movie is done?

EDIT: I followed the links to read about the drama involving the Soska sisters. Intriguing. Also re-read the thread and saw that the movie does appear to be finished. Hope it gets released to the public soon, it looks like a lot of fun.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • edited July 2019
    It's got a neverending release date. Kinda reminds me of deathhouse, I waited centuries for that, and when it did come out, it was so bad you can't even enjoy it ironically because there's too many horror heroes in it
  • I liked Deathhouse, sort of. The horror hero stunt worked on me because I went into it blind and had no idea I was about to see Debbie Rochon, Tiffany Shepis and Lloyd Kaufman in the same movie. About Puppet Killer, I hope they get their shit together because if they release it I will watch it.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • Each to their own. It had a great cast, it was just a terrible movie. I am interested in the horror icon part as much as the puppet, it doesn't seem to show much of it in the trailer. I'd like to see a modern version of Waxwork for the same reason
  • Yeah, I don't think I could even tell you what the plot to Deathhouse was, besides some prison thing. Mostly I was just thinking, "Oh neat there is this actor, and there is that actor!" As for Puppet Killer, the puppet doesn't interest me much, but I was interested in some of the performances in the trailer.
  • Well fingers crossed for a release some time in the 22nd century