What gave you love Horror?

For me it was the scary stories that my grandma would tell me when I was young. Then when I was older I started to watch Twilight Zone and Tales from the Crypt. Soon after I was introduced to my first horror movie, "The Nightmare on Elm Street" one Friday night by my babysitter. From then on I was fascinated by all horror. Classic, 80's and psychological are my favorite type of categories in Horror.
What gave you love for Horror?

Comments

• I'd say the original Night of the Living Dead gave me my 'love' for it tho I was already watching other stuff, like Them, some of the Star Trek eps, Dracula, Frankenstein, and all kinda of stuff

Loved seeing someone's nightmare, and then a way to defeat it

It was the cow...

• Prolly the short story of the mist
  • AtmosphereAtmosphere England
    edited June 2018
    Growing up in a household where there was literally zero supervision on the kinds of movies I saw and where my parents were horror hounds themselves, I was pretty much destined to have an affinity for the genre. I even remember going to a local video store when I was maybe 11/12 and my sister and I were only ever interested in looking in their video nasty/previously banned section and picking out shit like Cannibal Holocaust whilst other kids in the store were going for the Disney section.

So it was more of a gradual, natural process for me. I do remember getting obsessed when I saw Alien the first time, though?
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • for me it would have to be my dad, he is a true horror nut and we are not just talking movies. He loved true stories, folklore, novels, tv shows and he knew i was curious about horror because of my love for kids horror shows like Goosebumps and Grisly tales for gruesome kids.So against my moms wishes he sat me down to watch Halloween which i feel was the perfect starting point for me because it gave me the motivation to look for whatever came before and whatever came after just fell into my lap. It was through my dad i learned the art of fear and scares rather than blood and guts which is all still good but fear matters most.