General Gaming Thread

Comments

• OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    Doom Eternal looks sweet.

I really do wish they'd return to the survival horror of Doom 3 though. The reboot was good but I lost steam towards the end. Same ol' same ol' after awhile. Enter area. Slaughter demons. Repeat. It was fun, but it was just too rinse and repeat.

Doom 3 was fucking amazing.
  • edited June 2018
    I thought DOOM was practically perfect, and just about blew my load all over the screen when I saw the teaser trailer for DOOM Eternal. By far my most anticipated game.
    I still waiting for MK 11. :(
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    edited June 2018
    DOOM. FUCKING. ETERNAL.

Fuck yes! Doom 2016 was the best goddamn thing in the shooter genre in about the past 15 years. It was absolute old school design at it's best. Just high octane, gory, explosive mayhem experienced through the eyes of that no-nonsense furious little rage-ball of destruction known as Doomguy. And that level design. *does kissy chef gesture* Such a tightly polished and satisfying experience that left me wanting more. So I'm glad we're getting a full fledged sequel, and what appears to be a Hell on Earth remake of sorts. Fuckin' bring it.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Nice to see a new Trials game, shame it won’t drop till 2019.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
    Saw Team Ninja. Excited for Ninja Gaiden 4. Getting Nioh 2.

Also, that Ghost game looks fucking awesome.

Death Stranding, has promise but what they showed was without doubt the most boring thing I've watched, any year at E3. Jesus what were the thinking. A 7 odd minute show and 5 minutes of just fucking walking. Fuck off.
  • edited June 2018
    The Last of Us 2 looks awesome.

But this game was the winner for me

@nance - I don't know if you have a PS4 or play video games at all, but you should check that gameplay video out anyway.
  • edited June 2018
    I hate that the Xbox has the more powerful system but all the fucking cool ass shit is on PS4.
  • Can't believe I'm gonna miss out on TLOU2. Looking back it's legitimately the best game of this generation and it was a remaster.
    Last of Us was good. Overrated but good.

Spiderman does look awesome. But it has that stupid combat from the Arkham games. Ya know, the ones where you pretty much just mash one button, and it tells you when to counter (makes more sense in this game due to Spidey sense). And the camera automatically targets the enemy for you too. Yeah can beat most encounters one handed, with two buttons.

Its a shame these awesome games have such dumbed down combat. It makes more sense here as opposed to Batman, as you're an actual super human fighting mostly plebs, but it's still lazy.
  • I honestly don't play enough games anymore to be credible

Arkham combat might be easy but it is fun mechanically
  • Oh yeah RESIDENT EVIL 2 COMING TO XBOX BITCHES

This is gonna be nuts
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate.

FUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES!
    RIDLEY IS FINALLY PLAYABLE. I HAVE AWAITED THIS DAY FOR A MILLENNIA
    Fuck everything.

RE2 Remake.

I don't give a flying eskimo icecube shit what your favorite game was.

RE2 Remake.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
    I can't believe they didn't show anything for Metroid Prime 4. Like wtf whyyy.

That's what I was most keen on. Where is you. :(
  • Can you imagine
  • edited June 2018
    Big mistake starting Fallout 4. I had 200 hours in 3 and I know I'm gonna have to abandon this at some point

Maybe I could just do the main quest
    I reeeeeally need to finish F4. I put hundreds of hours into just building my shitty unfinished settlement at the drive in theater.
  • Lol. Definitely not touching that stuff