The Health and Fitness Thread

TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

This is place to talk about all health and fitness related topics.

Share recipes and diet ideas.

Discuss what your current fitness goals are and what exercises/programs you are using.

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

Health and fitness is a big part of my life and has been since I was 14 when I started high school sports. I work out 6 days a week and since I'm a coach I workout multiple times a day sometimes.

I'm currently sitting at 225 pounds with 15% body fat. I cut down from 245 this year and have really enjoyed being a lot leaner. However, it has been more difficult to maintain because I like to eat and it's not always healthy. Hence the nickname Snacks. B) I am in the middle of a week long cleansing fast that usually do once a quarter, which I needed after eating fair food last week. Haha.

My current workout routine is a full body hybrid HIIT that I have just developed to fit me personally. I usually change up certain workouts Bi-weekly to make sure I'm hitting different areas routinely.

Lastly, I'm not a profession but I wouldn't mind helping you guys out with whatever issues or questions you have in order to help meet goals. Even it's just moral support.

• edited October 2017

This thread makes me want to eat a whole box of cupcakes and then take a nap. :/

:lol: It's nice to have goals. All it takes is one step to get going.

ps I miss the laughing emoji from the old board :'(

• One step to get tired.

Yea but after awhile it will take two steps.

• You trying to kill me?

Slowly...

This is why I love that I don't have to workout at a public gym. Smh

• This would be me at the gym.

• WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane

@TexasSnacks what or how do you do a 'cleanse'?

• MATT PYTHONMATT PYTHON Oh, Hi, Ho
    edited October 2017
    https://i.imgur.com/IYahVs9.png
    Never really tried an actual program before. This is the first week of a free program on Kizen training. Big fan of Silent Mike so I'll give it a shot. Maybe it will make me want to get a full paid program from them.

@Wonderlust there are numerous types but you can think of it like an oil change for your body, mainly your liver and colon areas. It's a detox to clear out toxins in your body that helps improve several areas. This helps overall health and can help if you are trying to lose weight/bulk up or just improve overall health.

How to do a cleanse: It mainly depends on what you are comfortable with and what you like. There are juice/smoothie cleanses, herbal supplements, going on a simple diet (vegetarian/ vegan), and fasting. Some are more intense then others.

What I do is a week long fasting cleanse which can be intense for beginners. I simply just drink nothing but water and skip meals for a week. I wouldn't recommend it for a first time though. I usually recommend trying an intermittent 3 day fast with only skipping 2 meals a day and having a juice/smoothie or raw veggies/salad for one meal. Some people will add herbal supplements during their fast to help cleanse. It's just up to the individual.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

• I went into Keto a few weeks back, off it now but I still feel like I'm making faster progress coming out of it. If I didn't drink on the weekends or snack on junk in the middle of the night before bed, I'd be a god.

Reaching a whole new level of confidence with my strike/flip training as a result, starting to really feel my body and what I am and aren't capable of, as opposed to just going for it and hoping for the best. I landed on the floor after overshooting one of my kicks and it... didn't hurt? Once you get past the point where you feel the fragility of your body and know how much it can take, everything hurts less and gets way easier. Only thing that hasn't changed is my lungs wanting to explode.

• I thought these were for cleansing.

In case anyone needs some motivation today. It's gloomy here.

23380170_10209226057322780_1710923812508992856_n.jpg?oh=7aa539681b565961095e30277ab80ec7&oe=5AAFA382
  • edited November 2017
    Should also say stop buying peanut butter because you eat it all in two or three nights

It's weird, last two weeks I've eaten like shit but I still feel like I'm making progress. I haven't been working out as much, so I don't think it's what I'm doing. Still, I feel great when I wake up and then post workout. Feel like shit the rest of the time but yeah lol

Back on the grind

• Could it be that I eat SO bad on a regular basis that the outrageous amount of fast food lately has been better for me?
    Honestly for some people diet isn't that big of a deal. Diet usually comes into play when you are at an extreme. You know if you are trying to lose, bulk up, get cut etc.

You are young enough where it probably doesn't matter for now. But certain fast foods are never good. It could just be like a "sugar rush". It will catch up sooner or later.
  • edited November 2017
    I'm a lucky guy, the doctors say I'm super healthy whenever I get a check up and I eat mostly fast food and sugar.

I rarely get more than 5 hours a sleep at night and generally just hover around 190-200 lbs depending on my eating habits.

If I stop the sugar and commit to working out at least 5 times a week I practically drop 7 lbs a week. Which is why I'm currently lazy because I know I can drop to 175-180 (my perfect weight) a month if I want.. That's the key though, how much do I care and when? Depends on the mood.

I forgot to mention that I work blue collar and get my sun and exercise simply from work so perhaps that helps my lucky situation..