Friday the 13th: The Game

Comments

• Victor Miller always struck me as an asshole, seems more then fitting now.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Oh yea big time.

I'll still play the game and it will be even better now that they can devote all their time to fixing bugs, glitches and dedicated servers. Just sucks we won't get Uber Jason, Grendel or Manhattan maps, new counselors etc.
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    What pisses me the fuck off is its us fans that suffer. The idiots bickering over the rights likely wouldn't touch the fucking game, or be interested in the films ifbit weren't for the coin.
  • Im sure it'd kill the vibe for a lot of people as there's other similar games out there but why not do a reskin? Make a deal with another franchise or do their own thing.
  • Always wondered how they got away with this
  • Enjoy it while it lasts... the servers will probably be shut down within a year or so.

Hopefully later on when the lawsuit is settled a bigger developer will get a hold of the licence and put out a new game. This sold pretty well, so I doubt this is the last F13th game we'll see.

• MawlockMawlock Maryland
    edited June 2018
    About Uber Jason and why we can have him:

As you may know, some years ago, there was a GTA: San Andreas scandal referred to as the "Hot Coffee" involving content that, while completely inaccessible through any normal means and only through hacking, stirred up a fair amount of controversy. Rockstar was forced to discontinue production of the current game, recall all existing unsold copies, and reissue the game with the "hidden" content removed.

What does this have to do with Uber Jason, you ask?

Well, due to the precedent set by the "Hot Coffee" scandal, anything found within the game's code/ files/whatever, regardless of whether it is accessible or not, as long as it is in fact actually there, legally counts as content.

You see, Uber Jason, like the offending gta content, is in the game, but hidden away.

Again, like GTA, you can hack the game's files and not only find him, but fully play as a nearly finished version of him (only missing sound/music) as well. As such, he indeed counts as content.

And not just content, but content that was made and delivered before the official cut off date, having not only come with the engine update, but passing the patch Certification as well.

What this means is that gun media has already given us Uber Jason as far as the law is concerned.

And by their own admission, they can legally modify any and all content made and given before the June cut-off date, qualifying Uber Jason, who technically but certainly was.

This means that Gun media could, in f act, actually legally unlock him if they really wanted to.

Well, as I fan, I want them to Unlock Uber Jason.
    A long post about Uber Jason and why we have him.

As you may know, some years ago, there was a GTA: San Andreas scandal referred to as the "Hot Coffee" involving content that, while completely inaccessible through any normal means and only through hacking, stirred up a fair amount of controversy. Rockstar was forced to discontinue production of the current game, recall all existing unsold copies, and reissue the game with the "hidden" content removed.

Well, due to the precedent set by the "Hot Coffee" scandal, anything found within the game's code/ files/whatever, regardless of whether it is accessible or not, as long as it is in fact actually there, legally counts as content.

You see, Uber Jason, like the offending gta content, is in the game, but hidden away.

Again, like GTA, you can hack the game's files and not only find him, but fully play as a nearly finished version of him (only missing sound/music) as well. As such, he indeed counts as content.

And not just content, but content that was made and delivered before the official cut off date, having not only come with the engine update, but passing the patch Certification as well.

What this means is that gun media has already given us Uber Jason as far as the law is concerned.

And by their own admission, they can legally modify any and all content made and given before the June cut-off date, qualifying Uber Jason, who technically but certainly was.

This means that Gun media could, in f act, actually legally unlock him if they really wanted to.
    A long post about Uber Jason and why we can have him.

• CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    Yeah Uber seems like he was almost snuck in, so they can maybe tune him up and just simply unlock him within the pre-existing game files.

But Gun also pointed out that Uber Jason specifically isn't coming in their initial post.

Confused I am.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
    Simple answer. They made bank. Now they don't have to spend more time and money on fixing everything.

Cunts.
    edited June 2018
    ^Doesn't make sense as to why they'd add JX into the game files so late. By their own admission they knew this was going to be a problem as far back as October. If that was their attitude they could have stopped content with the release of the disc, claiming it was "done".

In fact they seemed to have rushed out everything for the single player patch in order to try to get out as much new content as possible before their cut-off date, clearly before it was ready, given the amount of bugs present in it. There were even more than usual with the SP patch.

The copyright law surrounding this issue isn't black and white like any online forum wizards might like to think it is. As with any lawsuit that's based on a new law, this is essentially a new frontier that has no set precedent to follow. No one knows WHAT they can legally release or change, other than what's already there. That likely means even Gun Media don't really know.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
    I'm not reading all that because they're cunts.
  • Pt 6 and Savini are the only Jasons I have yet to kill.

Me and this one dude killed Jason 5 times in a row with me being Tommy each time. Killed him so many times now I've lost count...
    edited June 2018
    I've killed or been a part of almost every Jason's death so far. I think Savini's the only one I haven't even touched.

In fact my one complaint now is that he's far too EASY to kill. It was far harder and more of a tense affair back in the early days pre-October patch.

I blame them taking away that stun cooldown effect he had back in the day. Back then actually chainstunning Jason like I've seen every match these days was literally impossible as there was like a 5 second cooldown after each stun landing on him.
  • I can't even comprehend killing Jason with the potato counselor teammates I get stuck with

Also my last two games I would run and like lag back into Jason so finding the will to play this is pretty tough
  • Im also probably a potato too though I just run around everywhere
  • I’ve been apart of killing him twice but only once did it work. Hell one time Jason knew what was up and ran from them lol

If they started punishing quitters I can’t tell. I still have 90% of my games end with the host quitting.
  • _Blakelock__Blakelock_ - OHMSS
    edited September 2018
    Finally have dedicated servers and it’s helped tremendously with lag and almost stopped the bitch quitting. At least now if Jason quits we still get the XP.
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    DoCAwg1U4AA7W5-.jpg