The Official 2017 NFL Season Thread

TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

We Dem Boys!!!

Discuss

B)

Comments

• There have been some NFL games in London the last few weeks., Browns Vs Vikings today for instance. Are these standard league games? Isnt losing home advantage to play abroad a problem? UK football teams would never give away a home advantage to play abroad.

I don't follow NFL at all, I'm just curious.
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    It’s just the nfl trying to expand their market and make more $$$$. The teams have no say really. If they did I’m sure none of them would be for it.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Plus they seem to be scheduling NFL games abroad that aren't likely to have much impact on major playoff contenders. Which is why the games mostly suck.

And finally Tampa's D shows up aaaaaaannnnnddd....the offense is asleep at the wheel. Here's hoping they tank the rest of the way to guarantee a top-5 draft pick.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• At least the Browns are in first place.

For a first round pick. :p
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    The Bucs looked like they were headed for a top 3 pick, and then they decided to play, without Winston, against the Jets, who supposedly were pretty good for a change. Now there's serious danger of close to a .500 season and middle of the pack pick. Ugh.
    ceob.gif

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• edited November 2017
    NFL SkyCam...
    giphy.gif

It's as if the NFL is going out of their way to alienate fans.
    Yup pretty much my feelings now too...

• nancenance maryland
    big game for dallas today, who, after seattle's drubbing last week and with the return of zeke, are prohibitive favorites, which is a dangerous place to be. we need to be focused and keep in mind that seattle, and especially russel wilson, are dangerous. yes, we need a lot to happen to make the playoffs, but it all starts with taking care of what we can control, and that starts with beating seattle, to at least make it to next week with a chance. frankly, the hardest thing i think is gonna be detroit dropping one of its' last two easy games. c'mon, old detroit, rear your cursed heads. and rest of the nfc south: let's beat up on atlanta, okay. damn bucs were so close.
  • nancenance maryland
    fucking feckless effort today from my boys. lordy, why do you trouble me so? i love you cowboys, but what a shit effort out there today. you totally wasted a valiant effort from cincy today.
  • nancenance maryland
    and while i love dak and know that today--and the offensive wows that have cropped up throughout this season--aren't at all his fault alone, i hope all those cowboys fans who spent ten years bitching about tony romo take a moment to appreciate how tony could take nothing--broken down play, no running game, terrible defense--and make magic, especially DOWN THE FUCKING FIELD! anyway, dak will get better, might be time to really think about moving on from dez. our receivers just can't separate , and that's doomsday for a young qb who's afraid to take shots down the field, or who needs a goddamn 8 yard completion. i am in a foul mood about it, but i fully expect our a game to dismantle philly in a game that means something only to my in the moment self, with no more meaningful games to watch.
  • nancenance maryland
    i want to beat philly. i want to send them into the playoffs with lots of doubts; mission accomplished with foles. i fucking hate the eagles. it's not a meaningless game. it means something to me.
  • nancenance maryland
    i'll take a 6-0 win. if nothing else, the eagles move forward with some questions and slightly less confidence in nick foles. even tho the eagles weren't putting much out there, it's hard to shut anyone out, much less a division rival. i am concerned about dan bailey, who had another terrible game, which is now like three in a row. i hope it's mostly due to injury, but kickers more than any other position i think, are confidence-based players. dan has been automatic, and i really don't want to go back to worrying about the kicking game; there's plenty of other stuff about this team to worry about.

still, a solid, gutty effort on a really cold day. i always prefer to win than lose, regardless of the circumstances. that's franchise win #502. that counts.
    Welp I thought my Boys would go 10-6 and make the playoffs this year. Was only 1 game off but the no playoffs hurts. That three game losing steak really hurt. I figured the team would take a step back from the crazy 2016 year. Saw some good things to build on though and some things that need to change. I’m ready for Dez to go bye bye. Get what you can for him and try and find to find another number one.

D has to find some consistency without Sean Lee in the lineup because you can’t count on him.

Hopefully we can have another solid draft like we have had the past few years. Should bounce back next year but it seems like it’s us or the Eagles for the next few years.
  • nancenance maryland
    edited January 2018
    i think the defense was on a legitimate upswing by seasons end. i figured it would take much of the season to get on the right track, and i'm glad to see them moving in the right direction. the offense is a concern. obviously, the losses of doug free and ronald leary hurt more than anyone bargained for, as did injuries to tyron smith, especially in pass protection. dan bailey has me concerned. we have a lot of money tied up in him, and he's been great for us, but three bad games in a row is tough to shake. i think jason wanted to get him some confidence with that last kick, which backfired. i love dez bryant, but if he's not involved in the game, what's the point? it must be frustrating to lose that great early catch to penalty, but neither he nor terrance is showing much ability to separate, which is compounded by dak's inability to get the ball down field.

and those three games, possibly the worst stretch of cowboys football i have seen in 38 years, were killer, but the two close losses to los angeles and green bay, when our offense put up 30 plus and still had zeke, that's where the season was really lost. it's a waste and frustrating, but i'm glad my last memory of them playing the 2017 season was a W.

but i liked today's win. fuck the eagles. i remember every game we've shut someone out, and i won't forget this one :p
  • My "Cowboys" prediction was one of the few I got right this year. And while an ok player Prescott is not as good as people made him out to be.
  • nancenance maryland
    at this point in his career, he definitely needs things going right. i certainly missed tony a lot this year. having said that, his performance in the 2016 divisional playoff loss to green bay gives me hope that that his upside is still yet to be tapped. he's mentally tough, has great leadership skills, and physically can do it all. he just needs to develop his awareness and timing in the passing game. receivers who catch the ball and achieve some measure of separation would help too, as well as better pass pro. that three game stretch of not scoring ten points and the seatle game certainly give me pause.
    edited January 2018
    That was one of the craziest endings to a game I have seen and one of the worst attempts to make a tackle. It was a downright pathetic attempt. Chin up, chest up at the highest level wins the game.
  • nancenance maryland
    it's like "dude, you don't hafta knock the ball down, ya just gotta tackle him, that's it." it wasn't like a fg was of any use. let him make the catch and then take him out. god, i feel for that db who fucked that all up.

on a depressing note, in the last week, the jacksonville jaguars have won the same amount of playoff games that we have in the last 20 years. that's fucked up.
    All he had to do was stand there and Diggs probably falls by himself. That’s just wasn’t smart ball at all and you are in the NFL? That hurt my heart.
  • nancenance maryland
    what i would like to see is a vikings-jags superbowl, but i'm sure it will wind up being the fucking iggles and pats. i think jax has a teensy chance, if they play mistake free and get an early lead. doesn't mean they'll win, but gives em a chance.