Pro Wrestling Thread

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    @Se7en Haha glad you enjoyed the matches. :wink:
    I am looking forward to heel Nakamura though. Great interview last night. "Sorry. No speak Enrish." I died. :lol:
  • @Se7en nah I'm not misinformed.

I've watched it all ROH, Impact, NPJ, Lucha Underground.

Wrestlings dead brah.
  • @Freddy_Lives Sorry, you can't be informed on a product catching an odd episode or two when the business has changed. Your view of Bryan/Punk is completely wrong, so this isn't really debatable.

Keep your shitty wrasslin. The. Business. Has. Changed.
  • edited April 2018
    @Midnight-Kroovy Honor Club for ROH, Rev Pro rental, watchwrestling.uno and allwrestliing.org for the rest

Look at me supporting wrestling I like :) how adorable
    giphy.gif
  • Watched the Andre doc and it was really good. I was shocked to see Vince choked up about his death as you really don’t see the human side to Vince often. Worth checking out and flies by at 90 minutes.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • Watching for Big Dave
  • finally stopped copying my 5's with the ladder match
  • @Se7en

How'd you like that Nak/AJ match at WM?

Turned him heel already...ROFL...
  • @Heretic Initial rating a light 4.25, now a light 4. Match ended as soon as the crowd started to care. Friend on another site who went said everyone was expecting an epic 30+ minute war, but it finished right when it felt they were getting started.

Kinda obvious now that Nak came to the WWE in part because he wouldn't have to work as hard. A lot of us keep waiting for that big match to finally bring out the old Nakamura, but that went out the window. You can't be a top guy in New Japan unless you can consistently have world class matches and his style doesn't lend itself to longevity. He was broken down before he came here. He was half-assing it most the time while he was there. Imagine he'd be in six man tags with a handful of big singles matches per year had he not left.

Congrats on your win! First AJ win I've marked out for since he lost to Cena at the Rumble.

• edited April 2018
    I've been defending that match all week but at this point it's like whatever. I see matches that good every couple of days.

edit

It's CERTAINLY not bad/meh/average like what a lot of people are saying, I guess that's my defense.

Edit

Lol @ this ROH Cody drama
  • edited April 2018
    Putting Rousey with Natalya is smart, you can kill many months with those 2 together and she can learn to adapt from a veteran. I hope she maintains a very different and more legit style like Brock has done but it's gonna be hard to book.

Punk Vs Mike Jackson June 9, Mickey Gall mowed through both these guys so at least it should be a better fight. It would be a nice story if he can comeback and win this but it's hard to take seriously, I just want to see him back in wrestling. Another loss will completely shit the bed on his MMA career and earnings... Chicago All In is September, an appearence is quite possible.
  • It should be Gall vs Punk and Jackson in a two on one handicap fight. I would still pick Gall to win.
  • Yeah the sooner Punk wrestles the better. He's friends with the Bucks so lets hope

Superstar Shakeup wasn't much of anything. Smackdown is giving me flashbacks with Benjamin/Hardy/Joe/AJ/Bryan/Orton. Mid 2000's crew over there
    Well the War Raiders (horrible name) easily have one of my new favorite entrance themes. May have to add it to my workout playlist.

I don't know how Sanity is gonna work on the main roster but I'm glad to see EY gets his spot on the main roster. Sucks Niki Cross isn't coming up with them yet. Hopefully she is there soon once NXT adds more depth to their women's roster.

Yea the shakeup wasn't much but I did like the additions to SD. I think they should have just started over with Reigns and moved him to SD. It's past time to change course on him.
  • edited April 2018
    It's cool seeing War Raiders (lol) on NXT, they should do well in WWE. Got to meet them at a tiny indie show last year and they seemed like awesome guys and for such a small venue they still went wild and tore the house down. Rowe's also engaged to Sarah Logan of the Riott Squad.

I think Heavy Machinary are an entertaining throwback as well lol.
  • Gonna be interesting to see how much they try to de program Ricochet. Very solid match with Lorcan this week.

You guys here would all LOVE Sullivan vs Dain. Beat the shit out of each other on that show too.
    Lars and Dain was very solid and rugged match. How about that dive from Lars off the top though? He hit hard.