Pro Wrestling Thread

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    You should start a petition.
    Velveteen Dream is great. A solid throwback gimmick. The tights were awesome.
  • edited November 2017
    They still shouldn't have Lesnar lose a throwaway match with no build. No logic.

It took me a while to warm to Velveteen Dream but he blew me away at Takeover! They had the crowd reacting and in their palms just from their interactions, proper wrestling.
  • I was a fan of Velveteen from the beginning. I wanted him to win. I also like Aleister and didn't mind the finish.
  • AJ has lost two big matches with no build

I get that he's in the HBK role in that nothing can hurt him because he's so great but come on

• ~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
    Glad to finally see Paige back. Mandy is hot. Sonya Deville is horrible.
  • Paige and Alexa on the same show.

giphy.gif
  • I saw that Paige came back which nice, I liked her little stable.

@TexasSnacks Whats wrong with Deville? I thought she looked promising in NXT and I like her MMA style. Haven't seen much of her though.
    @Midnight-Kroovy The whole MMA thing just doesn't do it for me. I understand she was a legit MMA fighter but she looks like someone who is playing a MMA badass and it's not believable at all to me.
  • Barely a pro MMA fighter. That career lasted less than a year and she finished with a 2-1 record. I'm surprised they even went with that gimmick.
  • I guess MMA gimmicks are hard to pull off as you got to "be it" and carry yourself well at all times otherwise you just become like everybody else. You also need to be protected and wrestle a distinguished style as well.

If every wrestler could carry themselves like Lesnar then the business would be in a much better place. If he didn't get injured on Sunday then his selling is on another level as well. He actually turned purple when selling Joe's coquina clutch.
    Lesnar is easily one of the best sellers out there. i can understand people not liking him but you have to respect his work. He helped make that match great just as much as AJ.
  • He's always been great
  • I see that another female trio made a debut on Smackdown. They've really bulked up the womens rosters.
    Women’s royal rumble match
  • Can't wait for the women's war games/elimination chamber!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I want these gimmick matches to have a purpose. Men too. They do these things just to do them now.
  • I checked out the Kevin Owens 365 special on the Network and it's really interesting, it shows him feeling disappointed in himself after some of his big matches. It actually showed him go up to Vince after his Mania match against Jericho and ask "did we do good?" Vince then blankly says "no" and just ignores him. Owens looked so damn deflated. Shit was coooold.

@Se7en Just watched Ishii Vs Keith Lee, was great! Best match I've seen Keith Lee have, he has all the attributes but is a little green so working with Ishii was perfect. I subscribed to RPW on Demand and they got 24 PPVs from the last few years available to watch.
  • edited November 2017
    Knew you'd love the Ishii match <3

I'm gonna have to get it to check out some matches, finding the non-main events is a bitch