Should Gary Oldman do a comedy

In the past we have seen Gary Oldman play a lot of iconic characters, lot of dark roles and a lot of serious roles. How would you guys feel if he took on a role in a comedy.

Comments

• WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited February 2018
    He could for sure do more comedic roles, just watch him in Leon The Professional, or The Fifth Element, those two movies are in the surreal realm of comedy.

I'd put him more in a farce or satire tho. Maybe a suddenly retired intelligence agent that winds up helping a neighbor or is caught in the middle of a bank robbery

Could even do a more straight man caught in something waaay out of his wheelhouse. Like he's about to commit suicide when the doorbell rings and on his doorstep is a daughter (most any age) he never knew he had.

It was the cow...

• "This.... case is empty. Empty...the opposite of full."

~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
  • yes. yes he should!
  • WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited February 2018
    Plus his small part in True Romance (was that Drexel?) got to draw on your ability to be self deprecating to do some of the roles he does which is a kind of comedy

It was the cow...

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Yes he was Drexl Spivey in True Romance. Such a great role.

drexl-whiteboyday.gif

• @TexasSnacks great fuckin role!!!
  • vigour-mortisvigour-mortis Vancouver, BC
    I would watch Gary Oldman do pretty much anything. He's awesome, and a Depeche Mode fan to boot.