I LOVE Being A Published Horror Writer!

I LOVE being a published horror writer! I have published two collections of my short stories on Amazon, along with a werewolf novella, which is my little homage to the old Amicus anthology movies I grew up watching. I get a real buzz too out of reading what my fans have to say about my work. I hope to write a horror novel at some point.
Alan Toner
Horror Writer
www.alantoner.com

Comments

• Anyone, ANYONE, can get published on Amazon. lol
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • Yeah, what is the point of thread?
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Wirral WriterWirral Writer Merseyside, UK
    There are some nasty, touchy individuals on here. You can't open your mouth on here about bloody ANYTHING without incurring snide, pathetic comments. What IS your problem???
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
    Pathetic.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
  • You sit here and try to brag about being a published writer. That’s great, but anyone can get on published on Amazon. They take anything, they don’t care what it is. So it’s not impressive, and neither are you, mate.
  • AtmosphereAtmosphere England
    edited May 2018
    The problem is you clutter up the board with a bunch of pointless threads. If you'd said "I'm a published writer and if anyone is interested in checking out my stuff here are some links" then fair enough... but instead you just basically described how writing gives you some sort of superiority complex.
    • Guilty Remnant •
    No, I am sorry, but I don't agree with your comments, Atmosphere. You have misinterpreted my point completely. I am not - repeat, NOT - trying to be "superior" in ANY way at all.

Oh I'll just shut up about my writing, as obviously nobody seems to be interested (huh, and I thought this was a board for fans that love horror!). There is no need for nastiness is all I have got to say. I think it is just childish shouting down a person like that.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
    Blakelock, I found your misguided comments utterly offensive. There was no need for them.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
    Yeah, yeah, yeah, Blakelock, "ANYONE ANYONE" can get published on Amazon. But the point is, is their book output commensurate with their actual writing talent and ability???
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
    Atmosphere, I want to take issue with you regarding your accusation that I am cluttering up the board with "pointless threads". They were NOT pointless; they were about HORROR, which I thought was the primary topic of these forums. Hello???
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
  • Anyone can publish their own work and then praise themselves.

Also, you look like a muppet begging for work on Twitter. You don’t seem to have the first clue in how to network for projects. Instead you tweet every few hours asking anyone if you can work for them. Solid strategy, from the frequency of your tweets it sounds like you’re unemployed and staying that way.
    No comment.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
    edited May 2018
    More relevant and appropriate discussions now underway, guys, you will be pleased to know.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
    edited May 2018
    I'll be a good little boy from now on.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
  • _Blakelock__Blakelock_ - OHMSS
    edited May 2018
    1. Don’t brag about your writing skills when you have no credibility to back it up. Self published does not equal talent.

2. You can advertise your work here, but you need to be an active member of the community. Only posting your work is not being active.

3. Stop whining when someone calls you out.
    Oh, but I MUST defend my corner by saying to you, Blakelock, that you don't know ANYTHING about me, so stop making unfounded accusations. To disabuse you of that ill-founded notion right away, I will have you know that I have EXTENSIVE experience of marketing, and could teach you a few tricks. I have read books on the subject and have studied it for years. And as for your pathetic comment that I will stay unemployed, I will NOT. In fact, I am being considered for a few jobs and have had GOOD jobs in the past, so how DARE you label me a whingeing loser.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
  • After reading your Twitter, and seeing you BEG for work, you’re the last person I’d turn to for help with anything. Ever.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Holy fuck dude, quit making post after post for every little thought that crosses your mind. A. there is no prize for the most threads created. B. this forum is NOT your personal Twitter account. Quit treating it as such.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.