Comics Discussion

This is where we talk about comics.

Comments

• These are the best horror comics I've ever read. Anyone else check these out?

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    @Reggie_Belmont
    I've read all of both those series. Locke & Key was brilliant, although the ending felt a little anti-climactic.
    Providence started off great, but felt like it was just dragging out towards the end. And I'm sure there were important details in it, but all that hand-written diary stuff at the end of each issue was so long and difficult to read I just gave up on it after about four issues.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    @Mr. Awesome Random question and you may be the best person to ask-

Has there ever been an old version of the Joker? As in age 60's 70's? Either comics or animated? I know Nicholson and Romero were in their 50s but they weren't really played old. Make sense?
    An older Joker appears in The Dark Knight Returns, though more like 50s than 70s.

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    edited January 2018
    I thought maybe that one but it's been a long time since I've read it. I''ll check it out again. Thanks @Mayday
    No prob. I actually never read it, but I remembered him in the animation. He's not the major villain, but he does play a role.

• I wouldn't know anything about an old Joker. I never liked Batman. I don't read that shit. B)

The only later time in Batman comics I could think of is Batman Beyond but I'm pretty sure the Joker was dead. I could be wrong though. See above.
  • nancenance maryland
    you should absolutely re-read dark knight, tex. frank miller has become something of a douche bag, but dark knight is still fucking incredible. joker figures pretty prominently. he's a much nattier joker than is generally represented.
    ^ Hmmm interesting.

• What are people's thoughts on the Archie Horror line? I absolutely loved Sabrina. Afterlife with Archie was gorgeous if unoriginal. I haven't had a chance to read the Hunger or Vampironica but I've heard decent things. My biggest complaint about the whole line is Archie's inability to keep a consistent schedule.
  • is there a spot here where I can list some of my books for sale ?
    Just got back from a mini-comic convention in Maryland - really a place for dealers to dump their unwanted back issues for dirt cheap prices. Scored 139 books, most of which were .50 each, none more than $1. Got bunches of Spider-Man, Catwoman, Detective, a few Judge Dredds, Green Lanterns and Green Arrows and some miscellaneous books. My best deal was about a 12 or so book run of Amazing Spider-Mans that guide price for $4-$10 for $6 total.

• just got back from baltimore comic con, had a blast. got books signed by and had great conversations with: maguerite bennett, denys cowan, paris cullins, louise simonson, june brigman, terry moore, tom defalco, john ostrander, arthur suydan, mike barr, karl kesel, brian azarello, bob mcleod, art adams, tony isabella, jeff parker, bob wiacek, p. craig russell, lee weeks, bob hall, tom grummett and roy richardson. picked up some good books that i needed, as well as some new stuff, and lots of gifts for the kids now and for xmas. marguerite bennett and paris cullins in particular were so much fun to talk to. heard lots of good stories from marvel's bullpen days from some of the older folks. of course, lots of great costumes, great vibes all around.
  • Nice. I'll be at New York Comic Con next week. All four days.
  • @Mr. Awesome i was just looking at the nyc guest list, holy shit! that thing needs to run for 7 days. have a blast, man!
  • New York is one of the big ones. Only second to San Diego Comic Con.