Any new creature feature movies worth checking out?

I am sick of all these haunted house/haunted dolls, objects, etc. movies that have come out over the past few years. Most aren't even scary. They have to rely on jump scares to startle you. I think I am done watching that sub genre of horror for quite a while, unless my daughter begs me to watch one with her since she loves them.

I ended up watching The Ritual the other night and ended up really enjoying it. I then watched Cold Skin last night and enjoyed that movie also. Are there any other recent creature flicks that are worth checking out? I already saw The Shape of Water too. Primal Rage looks good, but that doesn't come out for a few weeks yet so I am looking for a few movies to tide me over until that comes out.

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    The Monster (2016)
    The Void (2016) Not a straight up creature feature but should satisfy.
    Krampus (2015)
    Bonehill Road (2017)- I haven't seen it but seems like a throwback creature feature.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Harbinger Down (2015) is pretty solid.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Korean flick called:

The Host, 2006. Definitely worth watching.
  • nancenance maryland
    grabbers (2012) is a lot of fun.
  • A Quiet Place looks sick. Grabbers ^ is awesome. The Hallow was pretty good.
  • I have seen all the ones listed except Bonehill Road, Antibirth, and The Host (which I have been meaning to check out on Netflix). I will check them out over the weekend if time permits. I already plan on going to see Black Panther and Annihilation over the weekend. I hope Annihilation is good since there seems to be zero hype for it and hardly any advertising to promote it.
    @ashtonn27 Uhhh where do you live? I've seen like 1000 commercials over the past few weeks, during high profile things like prime time TV shows, nationally televised sporting events, the Olympics, (I think even during the SB) 4 times an hour on Syfy for Annihilation. It has been talked up a lot on BD and other sites (like AICN, Dread Central, EW) for ages. And we've discussed it a bunch on these threads.
    And, in the US anyway, it doesn't come out until next week.

• I live in southern Alabama. I think I have only seen 3 commercials for it so far. I don't watch any normal tv stations like NBC, ABC, etc. Maybe that is why I have not seen many commercials for it. I swear I see a KFC commercial every time there is a damn commercial break though, no matter what channel I have on. Their marketing for their new smokey bbq chicken has to be costing them a ton of money.

I must have missed the talk on here about annihilation. I was going to do some reading up about it, but I don't want anything spoiled for me.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Right after posting I saw ads for the movie during episodes of Bob's Burgers on Adult Swim. I roughly know what the story is about because I've been wanting to read the books for a long time, but I've only watched the initial teaser trailers so as not to spoil things.