Okay but what about the super hard sticks of powdery gum?
Netflix’s “Stranger Things,“ set in the ’80s and super nostalgic and all, lends itself so perfectly to retro-inspired products, and we’ve thus far seen a handful of them since the show debuted. Up next, Topps is unleashing a line of “Stranger Things” trading cards, and yes, of course they’re super authentic to the time period the hit series is set in.
As revealed by Beckett, the throwback-style set includes 100 base cards, all based on the show’s first season. There are also autographs, chase cards, stickers and parallels.
The site details…
- Another modern element is the inclusion of parallels, rarer versions of the main set. These take a thematic approach with Upside Down (/99), Waffle (/11) and Christmas Light (1/1). Printing Plate versions are also available in Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow. All are one-of-ones.
- Sticking with the retro theme are two different sets of stickers. Twenty Character Stickers show the season’s stars. There are also separate ten Stranger Things Stickers that have a film strip design similar various non-sport sets have had in the past like Star Wars.
- There’s also a 20-card Characters insert set done as regular cards.
- Autographs lead the premium insert chase. Besides the regular versions, these have Orange (/99), Green (/50), Purple (/25), Blue (/10) and Gold (1/1) parallels.
- Dual and Triple Autographs are rare with just ten copies each. These come with multiple signatures.
- Commemorative Patch Cards have a manufactured patch embedded in them. These have the same levels of parallels as regular autographs. There are also signature versions numbered to 10.
- Sketch cards come with original art done directly on the card. Given the unique nature of each piece, many regard these as one-of-ones.
According to Beckett, the cards will arrive in stores on October 17, 2018.