There was a picture in my phone of me sleeping.
I live alone.
While Syfy’s “Channel Zero” draws inspiration from Creepypasta tales, another upcoming anthology horror series is pulling from even shorter horror stories.
Stage 13, the digital content brand that is part of Warner Bros. Digital Networks, and Verizon’s mobile entertainment destination go90 today announced the psychological horror anthology series “Two Sentence Horror Stories” will be premiering on October 3, exclusively on go90.
“A fresh and provocative anthology series inspired by the viral fan fiction of two sentence horror stories, it taps into universal primal fears — death, abandonment, and loneliness — filtered through the anxieties of the most connected and racially diverse generation.”
Created by Writer/Director/Producer Vera Miao (Best Friends Forever), the series’ episodes each has its own director: Miao and acclaimed horror directors Danny Perez (Antibirth), JD Dillard (Sleight) and Ryan Spindell (The Babysitter Murders).
Each episode is inspired by its own horror story told in two sentences and uses the genre as of way to weave in social horror and a range of contemporary issues including racism, LGBTQ, cyber-bullying and the pursuit of beauty. The five-episode series will be available on go90.com, with a new episode available every Tuesday starting on October 3.
Episodes will premiere in the following order:
- “Ma” (directed by Vera Miao): When Mona falls for Erica, the new neighbor next door, she learns how far Ma will go to keep her “perfect” Chinese daughter home.
- “Snap” (directed by Danny Perez): A notoriously cruel celebrity blogger dismisses a mysterious foe as harmless…until he wakes up to a video of himself sleeping on his own phone.
- “Guilt Trip” (directed by JD Dillard): After picking up a victim of police brutality, a Good Samaritan is forced to rethink her decision on the dark and isolated road with the stranger in her car.
- “Singularity” (directed by Vera Miao): After a transgender biohacker implants revolutionary technology into her own body, she is terrified to discover she can tap more than just the internet.
- “Second Skin” (directed by Ryan Spindell): When a street-smart young woman accepts an invitation to a luxurious spa, she discovers just how far the powerful patrons will go to stay on the cutting edge of beauty.
Check out a video preview package below, while you wait!
AROUND THE WEB
this week in horror
This Week in Horror - December 3, 2017 - Halloween, Friday the...
Danny McBride reveals more about the tone of the upcoming Halloween sequel, new details on the Friday the 13th Blu-ray Collection, and Tom Hardy's trainer reveals details about Carnage in the upcoming Venom movie! It's THIS WEEK IN HORROR with Whitney Moore!Posted by Bloody Disgusting on Wednesday, December 6, 2017