Girls’ Weekend Turns to Hell in ‘Vicious’ [Trailer]
Watch the Original ‘Polaroid’ Short Film from the Director of This Year’s ‘Child’s Play’
[Trailer] Hulu’s “Into the Dark” Uncovers the Horrors of the Ides of March in Creepy ‘Treehouse’
[Video] Gory Short ‘The Old Man in the Rocking Chair’ Impressively Captures Retro Giallo Aesthetics
Andy Muschietti’s IT is arriving on home video in just under a month (January 9, 2018), and though we’re unfortunately not getting the Extended Cut of the film we had recently been promised, the good news is that the package will include eleven deleted/extended scenes, which together add up to 15-minutes of new content!
But what can you expect from those deleted/extended scenes? A user over on the Blu-ray.com forums already has the Australian release, and he detailed the contents!
“Okay, here’s the rundown of extras,” StrayButler91 begins..
- Pennywise Lives (16:25) – a behind-the-scenes featurette about Pennywise, of course.
- The Losers’ Club (15:42) – a featurette about the child actors in the movie.
- Author of Fear (13:51) – an extended interview with Stephen King, who talks at length about writing the book. He mentions that Derry was based off a town in Maine called Bangor.
- “Georgie Catches Boat (Opening Gag Scene)”: When Georgie grabs for the boat in the opening…he gets it and walks away, saying “See you later!” to a frustrated Pennywise. Gotta admit, I laughed.
- “Stanley’s Dad corrects him (Extended scene)”: Stanley is reciting Hebrew in a synagogue, but his Dad jumps in to correct his pronunciation.
- “Denbrough family dinner”: Bill sits at the dinner table while his Dad reads a magazine and his Mum washes up. Bill starts talking about their family trip for the year, but his Mum walks off upset. His Dad explains that Georgie was really looking forward to it.
- “Bill’s Dad looks in the basement, et all”: After Bill has his encounter with Pennywise in the basement, he runs into his father. His Dad has a look in the basement, doesn’t find anything, and tells Bill to go to bed. Meanwhile, Henry tries to sneak out past his Dad, and gets into a car with Victor and Belch. They see Mike ride past on his bike.
- “Outside the Neibolt house”: Mike, Beverly, Ben and Stanley are outside the house while Bill, Eddie and Richie are inside. Stanley talks about not being able to go inside while Mike comforts him. Ben places his hand on Beverly’s shoulder.
- “Evacuating the Neibolt house (Extended scene)”: Just an extended scene of the Losers’ Club leaving the house and getting on their bikes.
- “Stanley’s Bar Mitzvah speech”: Self-explanatory. Stanley delivers a speech after his Bar Mitzvah about “indifference,” during which there’s a brief montage showing what the other kids are up to. He makes a bit of a scene and storms off while Richie claps.
- “Eddie at Keene’s pharmacy (Extended scene)”: Just an extended scene at the pharmacy as Eddie talks to the girl who signs his cast with “Loser.”
- “Henry and Bullies wait outside (Extended scene)”: As the Losers’ Club heads into the Neibolt house, Henry sits in his car with his face covered in blood. Belch and Victor are dead with throats slit.
- “The Losers find Georgie’s walkie”: Bill picks up Georgie’s walkie right before Henry attacks Mike at the top of the well.
- “Denbrough family vacation”: After saying goodbye to Beverly at the end of the movie, Bill and his parents are packing for the family vacation Bill was talking about in an earlier deleted scene. This subplot does kind of enhance the family dynamic. As the car drives away, the camera pulls in to the drain where Georgie was taken. Camera stops, and rain starts to hit the pavement. This would have been a perfect final shot.
IT arrives on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray Combo Pack/Blu-ray Combo Pack/DVD on January 9, 2018. Best Buy will be getting an exclusive Steelbook, while Target is getting their own version that includes a lenticular cover and “Welcome to Derry” postcards.