May

SyfelkstriktSyfelkstrikt ~Hades
edited October 2017 in Horror Movies

I revisited Lucky McKee's MAY last night. A movie I totally forgot about it. I think the last time I saw it was at least ten years ago. Maybe it was the couple of glasses of wine but I was floored by it, absolutely pinned to the seat eyeballs glued to the screen. It's not even the movie I remembered. I'm just sort of in a state of shock from it... I think it's even a better film than De Palma's Carrie (which I <3. )

What score would you give it? I'm going to watch it again tonight.

Comments

• I enjoyed this film too - might be worth a re-watch now you mention it. Speaking of McKee though, 'The Woman' is brilliant, and I think I enjoyed that a little bit more... B)
  • If you liked May, try Sick Girl (starring Angela Bettis and Misty Mundae, directed by McKee), Roman (in a reversal, directed by Bettis and starring McKee), and The Woman (directed by McKee, co-starring Bettis).
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • May....is a masterpiece.

~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
  • Angela Bettis is one of the most underrated actresses ever

If she hadn't been working in genre movies most of her career, she'd be up there with the best

May is dope
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I'm still waiting for the sequel "Day".
    giphy.gif

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    oh_i_get_it_fight_club.gif
  • Pretty much anything directed by McKee (and even when it is taken from him, like the Brian Cox/Tom Sizemore Red) is worth attention. May is a gem, something one finds and sits in wonderment.
    Wasn't she the one who played Tina Turner? She is going to be in the Black Panther coming up.

767.gif

jWRze.gif
    The greatest government worker of all the times... Ron Swanson.