Do you miss Silent Hill?

Although the Xbox 360 games were bland, I do miss the series. 1-4 were the best ones.

Comments

• I was just reminiscing, they were so so good !! It feels like Konami sealed SH's fate a couple years ago with the incident with Kojima --
  • SH is dead.

~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
  • I don't miss it because I can still go back and play 1-3 through and get the same experience I've always had and I don't think that will ever change. It's a shame about Silent Hills, it really is, but Konami proved they obviously have no regard for the franchise and so it's a probably a good thing it is just left as a part of gaming history.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Yes, i do miss it. I think it is like the Resident Evil franchise in the way with a fresh approach could better the franchise. I need some more scares in my life always. More monsters please!!!!!!
  • Diana_RossDiana_Ross , The Old House in Collinsport
    edited January 2018
    I really miss it!
    Sadly the Silent Hill HD collection didn't keep the original voices for SH 3 and that kills the experience a bit. :(
    "Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one of them. It gets up and kills! The people it kills get up and kill!" Dawn of the Dead (1978)

• Yeah. It should have just been a port with nothing removed. Like how when the RE games on the PSOne were sent over to the GameCube and Dreamcast, and the online PS3 store.
  • part 2 was my personal favorite. also introduces my favorite monster: Pyramidhead
  • Yes. So much potential in that atmosphere and world. Love those isolated towns or areas that seem to exist in its own universe on the outskirts of normal society
  • hell yeah i miss Silent Hill. Silent Hill 2 ranks as one of my all time favorite horror games.
  • Too much. From all the survival horror games, Silent Hill had the deepest and creepiest atmosphere imo. And the last one would have likely ended up as a rather good game if it wouldn't have been canceled.
  • I miss the original trilogy. Never played the others, so I can’t judge them.

Silent Hill 2 was an incredibly powerful experience that resonated strongly with me on a personal level. At times it seemed closer to art.

From what I know of the other games, they lost their way. The idea of Silent Hill being a personalised Hell may have been picked up again, but the problem was having ‘Hell’ specific monsters such as the nurses and Pyramid Head becoming iconic, then reused out of context.
  • There is a game out now from a team of indie devs that made a very Silent Hill-like game. It’s episodic, but the first one is out. I’ll have to look up the name.