Off-Topic Thread January 2018: Brand Spankin' New Year Edition

Comments

• I've seen it before.
  • It was the cow...

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    @Mr. Awesome Spoons!

@H.P. Pufncraft - I presume you mean you just finished the original series of TP. The new one is NOTHING like it. It's a completely new ballgame involving Cooper in weird ways, and tangentially incorporating most of the original characters as side dressing. If you're not the hugest Lynch fan, you may just wanna see if you can rent it somewhere. I know some of the people on here are still ecstatic about how completely different and unexpected everything was. I, though generally being a big Lynch fan however, was underwhelmed by the new series. It was just too off the rails at times, and really dragged out longer than it needed to.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    A little night swimming anyone?
  • @Mayday, thanks for the info.
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    Went on a long sojourn to find myself.

Yielded results pretty quick, turns out I'm a massive cunt.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Hey Obeys alive.

Nice
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • @Cryptus I think everyone here could have told you that, hope you didn’t spend a lot of money finding that out...

It was the cow...

• @Puf it'd be hard to imagine you liking it. I'd give the first two episodes a shot if you can find them and go from there.

As for me, it's the best FILM of 2017 by a decent margin and one of the greatest pieces of visual media ever put on film
  • edited January 2018
    @Willowfang I just finished The Disaster Artist. Hits really hard, one of the more touching/down to earth comments on artistry out there (looking at you Mother!) and pretty fucking hilarious as well. The meta autobiographical weirdness paralleling Wiseau/Greg and the Franco brothers careers makes it work on quite a few levels, as does the interesting mix of documentary style and not so but kinda Spinal Tap type of comedy. It reminded me of Jim & Andy and Popstar in a lot of ways, great stuff.

Not sure if I'd go with Franco or McAvoy for best performance in 2017 but yeah that was phenomenal.

edit

James
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    @Se7en

Ye. U right.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • @Se7en Cool, thanks, I'll watch it when it gets to Netflix hopefully, if not some other way

It was the cow...

• Speaking of David Lynch, I just found out the new girl at work (who's very cute) is a fan of him. Interesting....
  • @Midnight-Kroovy That could be an interesting showdown if Tim truly doesn't give a fuck.

I spent the past three days at a children's hospital. It's a rough time of year in NE Ohio and even tougher for most of these kids. Babies in NICU are either preemies or reparatory cases. It makes you appreciate your own good fortune and the health (or improving health) of your own.
    edited January 2018
    My two week vacation ends tomorrow and students return Tuesday :cry:
  • Penguins hate pachyderms.

~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
  • How in the fuck am I just learning that Roseanne is coming back?
    @Mr. Awesome Was wondering what your thoughts are on the news about the Spawn movie with Spawn not being the main character and not speaking? Seems like an odd choice but interesting as well.
  • With that route @TexasSnacks we are either going to have:

1. A complete, and entire disappointment.

2. The best Spawn movie ever, and something even memorable.

I know you didn't ask me, but that's my two cents.
    @Glass Eater haha np. Mr. Awesome is only one on here I was sure was a Spawn fan. I feel the same. I'm guessing there won't be a origin story if Spawn isn't the focus which is fine. The less is more approach could work.
This discussion has been closed.