Altered Carbon (Netflix, Feb 2, 2018)

WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
edited January 2018 in Movies and TV
This is based on a super serious hard boiled cyberpunk novel. There's 3 in all, but based on the first book. The trailers look amazing, but hard to tell how well they follow the story, but I'm quite excited here.

Basically, these books are just as good as Blade Runner if you aren't familiar with them, so give it a shot and I hope they've done the book justice

It was the cow...

Comments

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I'm gonna check it out.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Thank god this doesn't follow the awful yellow/black Netflix look
  • Ooo, so it's not on Netflix, didn't notice before, but it's a 10 episode season and not a two hour ish movie.

Can't wait to get home and binge this today

It was the cow...

• MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Seen the first 3 eps. Thus far not overly blown away, but seems to be settling in some. Hopefully now they've established what have been some weird plot elements the story will pick up.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Just 1 ep in myself, I noticed one important clue/detail was changed, but the world seems spot on

Yeah, the beginning should be a slow burn, and then everything should come together like it was in plain sight all along if it goes like the book

It was the cow...

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    First episode was tough to get through. Joel Kinnamen is just blah to me in everything he does.
  • He was good in the killing
  • Finished it, loved it, the world itself was beautifully recreated

Just looked a little, not seeing anything for another season or two for the 2nd and 3rd books, but sure hope them make them

I'd say go read the books

A lot of the story is about humanity, some of the lines spell out the core concept. like no matter how much technology changes, people are still people

8/10

It was the cow...

• First half of the first episode was great, no issues with Joel so far.

LOVE these random genre films/shows that Netflix obviously just loves throwing millions at. They put out a lot of bullshit but they know the nerd audience is a big one for them.
  • This show is great