Off-Topic Thread February 2018: Bloody Valentine Edition

Comments

• Work 5 to midnight then 9-5. Who the fuck came up with this shit?
  • Working 9-10 like the next four days in a row. Infact I do these shifts almost every week.

My life fucking blows.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • And the adults who grew up in this system are like "you're getting lots of hours!"

Ah, the good old days when I could just watch movies and terrorize message boards all day.
  • More hours, more like more money to spend on more alcohol to deal with this nonsense
  • eurgh damn, I hear those words all the time

Depressing when all you do is work and you never spend money on yourself yet you're still a broke ass

Fuck this I'm getting on welfare
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Lol word, barely eating just cuz I haven't had time to get groceries.

the struggle
  • If you are prepared to work long hard hours then be smart with your time. Always seek out oppertunities and if you keep looking and putting yourself out there you will find them.

Only got limited time on this flying rock so might as well be ballsy and have a crack at getting what you want in life. Write down where you want to be and analytically break down how to get there and do it.

Never stay in any job too long either, keep pushing forwards.
  • That's the problem, I'm not prepared to work long/hard hours. I'm not going up or down in these positions, I'm just existing. Need better work. The extra $50-100 I get is going to... nothing??? Always find a way to smoke more weed or cigarettes, or splurge at the club. Buy more food, not fun living on 25 cent noodle packs.

Problem is, not driving in a small town means you're stuck working at minimum (or very close to it) wage, or at Wal-Mart. Leaving to the city isn't an option because I love the people I live with, and again, need to drive. I have my learners and will be able to drive w/o an adult at the end of August. Just a hamster on the wheel until then, at least.

I legitimately kick myself every day for not listening to Freddy and Willow about getting my license. I work with two 17 year old's who both drive. It KILLS me.
  • It's not too late to start driving. You think you're broke now, wait until you have a vehicle. It gets worse.
  • I can technically drive now, I just need an adult in the vehicle with me and I can't drive after midnight. I'm eligible to do the road test at the end of August so I can drive on my own and actually work a job using it. Just a matter of being able to afford a vehicle, but my landlord keeps telling me not to worry about that... which is good.

Got off a few hours early today. Couldn't keep my eyes open at work, full of energy now. Funny how that goes.
  • When you find the job you love, you’ll be shocked at how you’ll be willing to work long hours and do hard work. Once you get that and decent pay you’ll never look back.

With my job, I worked hard and long in the beginning and now my position is cake cause I moved up and new people started. I’ve been offered a house supervisor position which is another $1.50 and hour bump and the I’d still be doing what I do now, I’d just be the one in charge. I haven’t decided if I’m gonna take it or not.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I think I'd be able to enjoy my job more if I didn't have such crippling anxiety and on-off depression. In order to sustain the lifestyle I want (or just plain make ends meet) I literally have to work long hours, but I find it hard to cope with the stress that comes with it. And then there's the whole issue of finding what it actually is you want to spend your life doing, which isn't easy for some people. I thought I wanted to be doing what I'm doing now, but turns out I fucking hate it. But switching gears and finding a whole different career path you can just jump into is ridiculously hard.

I realize I'm a bit whiney, I'm having a woe is me kind of night.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • What are you doing about your anxiety and depression?
  • WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited February 2018
    @se7en The point you're at now, cut back on smoking, both kinds as much as you can, cheap food, mac and cheese, mix in a can of chili, tuna, or chicken for variety, peanut butter and jelly, ramen, save up for a car, an embarrassing as fuck rattle trap, then enough for a few months of gas and insurance, even just the liability, not sure how it works there, but here you can get just that at the DMV so you're covered, and then get some real insurance maybe 6 months later, or at least when you get a 'real' car, then get a better job that you can go some distance for

Just like some video games, you got to farm for awhile to get the better equipment

It was the cow...

• On antidepressants, but honestly it's just a means for getting through the day. I wish there was a more permanent solution. I see a therapist once a month, doesn't do much good either. Just feel overworked, undervalued, unfulfilled, unsociable 99% of the time... it's a bitch.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Just stop giving a shit. It's what I do and it works. Makes life so much easier.
  • Just like that, huh?
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Just like that. B)
  • I should probably have mental health issues with what I’ve had to deal with in my life but I’ve managed to avoid having those issues.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I know a couple of people who are on/been on antidepressents like Setraline. One of them it deffo helped get out of a rut and he even looked like he was taking care of himself better etc. The other person it didn't help but they are switching meds.

Thats all I really know... and make sure you have a good doctor, Hope you feel better.
This discussion has been closed.