Off-Topic Thread February 2018: Bloody Valentine Edition

Comments

• _Blakelock__Blakelock_ - OHMSS
    edited February 2018
    Thanks fellas! Right now it looks like Isabelle will be here around 1 or 2 in the morning.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • Congratulations Blakelock.
  • Thanks Puff!
  • Ladies and gentlemen I present Princess Isabelle Jo!

https://i.imgur.com/eXgv3vH.jpg
  • Congrats Blake!
  • 2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • Nice photos! Isabelle is a great name too!

All the KFC's in the U.K have been closed down for 2 days now because they have run out of chicken! :s When will this madness end!
  • Still no chicken FFS KFC!
  • @_Blakelock_ Congrats, Dad! I hope mother and daughter are both well.
  • Thanks gwally! They’re doing awesome! Isabelle is eating like a champ now and should be home tomorrow afternoon. :-)
  • She's beautiful, Blakelock. I'm happy for you, man.

So this girl I like at work, I found out that she's only 20. I'm 29 going on 30 and I'm afraid I'll come off as a creeper if I ask her out. What do you guys think?

I found that she likes Perfect Blue (great film) so I picked up Paprika on DVD for her (same director)....only to find out she doesn't own a DVD player. I feel like such a jackass.
  • edited February 2018
    Buy her a DVD player? They're really cheap now. You can even get blu-ray players for under $50 and they play DVDs.

She might have a DVD player and not even know it. Other devices such as gaming consoles (PS2 and up), PCs and laptops can play them. She could also have a blu-ray player and not realize they also play DVDs.

I find it hard to believe that someone has nothing to watch physical movies on.
  • Thanks Puff!

Nope, it a creeper asking her out. I’m ten years older then my baby momma, so I say go for it.

And yeah, get her a DVD player...offer to hook it up too. That’s how you get IN.
  • I dunno whether me getting her a player would come off as nice or desperate. Plus part of me wonders if she's just trying to let me down gently. I'm just going to try to play it cool the next few days and see what happens.
  • The DVD was a nice gesture, but giving her a player is over the top at this point.
  • Yeah that's what I'm thinking.
  • You could let her borrow a player. It might be a little awkward for her if you invite her over to watch it at your place. I'd say take some time to get to know her better.
  • nancenance maryland
    @_Blakelock_ she's utterly beautiful! glad all are well!

@puf the age difference aint bad. if you were over thirty, maybe, but y'all are both in your twenties. the dvd is a nice gesture, buying her a dvd player might be too much. i think gwally's advice is on the money.
  • Thanks for the advice guys. Right now I think I'm going to just try to be her friend. Whatever happens, she's still a nice person that I'd like to get to know.
  • Definitely don't do the DVD player.

A year ago I would have said the age difference is weird but living in this town with all the shit I've seen at my house, it's definitely not.
This discussion has been closed.