The First Purge Comments disabled?

How about here?

FWIW I saw the first and thought, well, good, Ethan Hawke is still getting work, so that is a good thing, but overall I thought it was maybe a half hour or so too long. Then I saw the second, and have since been looking for a fan edit of the two films, cutting dead wood out and making a 2 hour long film that showed both the city and the 'burbs. If I knew how, I would do it myself. (Haven't seen the third... yet.)

As a boy, living north of Detroit, I know what a riot looks like, and that is one of my greatest fears. If there is anything worse than a large group of frightened humans, it is a large group of angry humans, and man, everybody was angry at the time. Cities burning from rage is terrifying when it is happening just down the road a piece.

Don Cheadle starred in something called Talk To Me, based loosely on the story of Petey Greene, a DJ that, near the end of the film, tries to talk down the city of Washington DC while it was going up in flames. The images of our nation's capitol burning were rather impactful (didn't live there, never have, but still).

Comments

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Not that I make a lot of comments on the the main page but I do think it was pretty cowardice to not allow comments so he could simply say what he could say what he wanted about Trump (or anyone else) and not have a shit storm follow. Either don't post or man up and brave the shit storm.

Anywho, As far as the Purge goes I'm feel the same as you. Part 2 is what I wanted from the beginning but even more. Multiple stories going with different people without them all meeting up or intertwining.

I don't really care for the whole government conspiracy/Rich white people behind the scenes but I guess it makes sense. I would just rather it be there in the shadows instead a main theme.

Part 3 had it's moments but a bunch of randoms dying leaves no impact. Killing more of the main people and there not being any survivors would be where I would go.
  • I noticed the RWP/Gov't thing, of course (it is kind of In Yo Face) but the fact that people look forward to it... a sponsored riot is still a riot.

Some of the logistics bother me. Working in the insurance industry, who covers damages when the government allows this?
  • It's funny considering the Dems controlling Chicago have been doing The Purge for years and years. Yeah, I said it.
  • nancenance maryland
    i loved all three purge movies, and maybe love election day best. the first purge was about family, i think, with the greater societal implications in the background, waiting for later movies. the basic lay out of anarchy and election day--rich white people want to kill the poor, the brown, the other--makes perfect sense, since that's what is, y'know, actually happening, and makes the resolutions of these movies, especially the second two, very satisfying. i want a fourth.
  • The poster/Trump/revolution undertones are such gross fucking fear pandering I can't even

• Se7en...

Isn't fear pandering part of horror?
  • nancenance maryland
    i would go so far as to say it might be the most terrifying part of it...
  • I'd be all for a liberal purge.

These movies suck, Miska is a cuckold.