Horror year?

Hey guys. First, sorry for my english is not that good.

Second, i'm confused about saomething. I'm horror fan and i love make list of best horror movies in 70s or 80s but also best horror movies in 1984 or 1999 so i don't know where put couple horror movies.

The Witch? The Witch on imdb year 2015 but on rotten and metacritic 2016

The Witch Release date is 2015 on sundacne but INITIAL release is 2016

Or new horror movie The Endless? Release date is 2017 but initial release is 2018 or on imdb is 2017 and on rotten is 2018

This is all confused me. I know it's a small thing but i can't help it. On horror redit when i ask about The Endless, director Aaron Moorhead he said https://i.imgur.com/X2tvUZL.png

So, its initial release that matter or?

Comments

• I made a telephone out of ice cream.

~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
  • For me personally, I go by the year in which it was released in my own country.

Many movies can do the rounds at festivals for upwards of a year before they're even released to general audiences. But until the normal paying public are able to see a movie, I don't consider it open.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    The difference in the release years on things like IMDB is, sometimes a film will premiere at festivals, or get an initial release in a non-US country, but what is considered the "main" release date on most of these sites is when it's first released in theaters in the US. However, that doesn't stop the sites from being inconsistent as to what year they call the actual release of the film.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.