Help with Name of Movie

I'm hoping someone can help me name a horror movie that I'm thinking of. I've never seen it, but I saw a particular scene referenced on one of those "best scenes in horror" lists at some point, and it always stuck with me (except for the title, obviously!)

All I remember is that in one scene, there is a shot of someone in a hallway and behind them, the killer(?) is standing there, but isn't really noticeable because they blend in with the wallpaper. I think this might be an Italian film, but I'm not positive about any other details. I'd appreciate some suggestions!

Comments

• Was it beige and shadows and they were kind of spread out and blended in by color?

Could be an episode of vampire the masquerade series, an Assimite vampire assassin

It was the cow...

• I thought the colours were more deep reds, and I don't recall it being from a TV show. But thanks for the suggestion!
  • When a stranger calls back 1993
  • I just looked up When a Stranger Calls Back and that is super close!! (Side note, I've never seen that movie before, but now I'm intrigued). But from the pictures, I can tell that that's not it (unless the blending into the wall trick is used in multiple scenes). Thanks though!

I'm pretty sure that with the movie I'm thinking of, the killer in the wall was never acknowledged the first time you see it, and it's not until the end that you realize that they had been there before. Not positive though.
  • He does blend into the wall through a lot of the movie. But the scene you described reminded of one from that movie. She is talking on the phone in the hall and he is painted like the bricks in the hall(deep red)
  • Hmm ok, maybe I'll have to watch it to see for sure. Thanks!
  • Hider in the House?
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Now I wanna watch 'When A Stranger Calls Back'
  • If it was on a Greatest Horror Movies type show then it could be Deep Red - The scene where the person goes unseen from trickery involving a painting and mirror.
  • It is 100% Deep Red. Thanks for solving this mystery for me!!