Off-Topic Thread March 2018: March Madness Edition

Comments

• nancenance maryland
    @Atmosphere i remember those oscars. all those motherfuckers giving a standing ovation to a child rapist too cowardly to set foot in the country.

i can't dig up youtube here at work, but look up kim bassinger from the 1990 oscars. she went off script to give some love to the otherwise ignored do the right thing. driving miss daisy was the oscar darling that year. i will always respect the hell out of kim bassinger's courage that night. you could hear how nervous she was, but also how resolute.
  • It was the cow...

• nancenance maryland
    check after the 1:30 mark

• She had a nice career after that
  • WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited March 2018
    Okay.... so.... I just finished watching Ravenous (2017) on Netflix, AKA Les affamés (original title), a French Canadian zombie movie

If I were to look at it as just a 2017 zombie movie, I'd only give it a 5/10 maybe, but it's obviously not meant to just be a straight forward zombie movie

After awhile, I start to get the feeling like it wasn't made in 2017 at all, but it's really an early 70's Russian version/response to Night of the Living Dead, or even, get this, what if in the early 1970s, Alejandro Jodorowsky had made a zombie movie in addition of his other stuff?

Even looking at it like this, not sure I could give it more than a 6/10, but it definitely had a different vibe to it

Just saying all this to inform people, not trying to endorse it or anything....

It was the cow...

• ~God of the fly.. release your seed of filth, to grow and conquer, on death, on myself..~
  • Some wires came down during tonight's snow storm. I am without cable and internet. Still have my phone for posting.

I used to like the snow. Until today. Fuck snow.
  • edited March 2018
    It ain't the snow that brings those lines down, it's the wind.

When I'm on call I have no problem sleeping.. Unless it's windy outside.

Actually I take that back, snow causes bad drivers to crash into poles thus causing down lines. So the real question is, should we hate the snow or the idiots behind the wheel?
  • edited March 2018
    It's a combination of both. The weight of the snow and ice on the wires makes them hang low. The wind is what finally takes it down though.
  • We were supposed to have a major storm hit this last weekend and my supervisor asked if I could be a "back up" on call preparing for Armageddon or some shit.

We got 4 inches of light snowfall all weekend and not a single thing broke. Sure it was easy money but dumb knowing I could be doing other shit outside of work :s
  • Just ate some shrooms, lets see how this shit goes
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    Man Strangers 2 sure was okay.

Like the most okay film I've seen this year in fact.

Hope it wins an Oscar for Okayest Picture.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Man I walked in on the last hour of the mummy returns and that was some wild wild shit
  • @Se7en how were the Shrooms?
  • Had an incredible time, best high I've had in years.

Got up for work just a bit ago and now my head feels like it's gonna explode.
  • Drugs are bad, m'kay
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Drugs are great
  • edited March 2018
    Just remember kids, don't do sleep and get 8 hours of drugs.
This discussion has been closed.