Rob Zombie's 3 from Hell

Comments

• I dig Lords. Richard Lynch was ill on set (passed away not long later) and the studio wouldn't allow Rob to reschedule the shoot so a whole unusable backstory with the witchhunters had to be edited out.

I think Rob says The Devils Rejects was his only enjoyable shoot and that turned out brilliant.
  • Blast HarderBlast Harder has the madness....the B-movie Madness!!
    edited April 2018
    I am curious to what happened with the unrated cut of 31 but the current version is pretty violent as is so no biggie.

It's like the extended cut of Evil Dead (2013). Some of the gorier scenes linger a little bit longer but it's not noticeable. The only stuff that sticks out is some footage from the trailer that wasn't in the theatrical cut.

The MPAA are pretty chill these days. Hell last year's Jigsaw is the only film in the franchise to be released without an unrated cut because it was passed with a R rating with no issues.
    Blast's Cult Draft list 2018

Death Wish V
    Toxie III
    The Party Animal
    Warlock 2
    7th Voyage of Sinbad
    Cat in the Brain
    Freaked
    Cut and Run
    Silent Rage
    Return of the Killer Tomatoes
  • Jigsaw was pretty tame in comparison to some of the previous sequels though, no?

Don't know how to feel about this one. TDR is the closest he's come to greatness, so there's a lot at stake here in terms of keeping up that quality or possibly tarnishing the only good movie he ever made.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • It is, Jigsaw is also a lot cleaner and polished than the other films
  • Jigsaw is a lot tamer than the previous movies. The kills were pretty shit to be honest, especially when you compare them to the brutality of the OG films.
  • vigour-mortisvigour-mortis Vancouver, BC
    I am excited for this. Sid Haig is awesome. And some Danny Trejo can't hurt.
  • Blast HarderBlast Harder has the madness....the B-movie Madness!!
    edited April 2018
    Jigsaw definitely was tamer than 3-7 but a lot more violent than 1-2 which had issues with the MPAA.

Also I wasn't taking about the quality of the film/ or the kills so I'm confused why it was brought up.

My point still stands about the MPAA being looser now.

Blast's Cult Draft list 2018

Death Wish V
    Toxie III
    The Party Animal
    Warlock 2
    7th Voyage of Sinbad
    Cat in the Brain
    Freaked
    Cut and Run
    Silent Rage
    Return of the Killer Tomatoes
  • nancenance maryland
    edited April 2018
    i love all the love rob is getting. it seemed to me, around the time lords of salem came out, that everyone just couldn't wait to crucify him. time seems to be kind to him...

...which is really fucking interesting, because he said in a podcast something to the effect of all that matters is getting something made, that it exists, anf that over time the playing field is leveled cuz nobody cares or remembers how much money a movie made fifty years ago, and that most of his favorite movies came out forty years before he was born and weren't necessarily popular anyway.

if you're interested in the exact quotes, start listening at the 35 minute mark, but i encourage y'all to listen to the whole thing (this podcast is fucking fantastic, nice tight interviews between mick garris and folks like rob, stuart gordon, eli roth, don coscarelli, joe dante, john landis, karin kusame, jovanka vuckovic, jeffrey combs, caroline williams, bill mosely, robert englund, and others...

postmortempodcast.libsyn.com/rob-zombie

at any rate, i'm really excited for 3 from hell. so many possibilities

• I wanna be so excited for this. but I can't help thinking the phrase 'killing it by experiencing it' comes so much to mind
  • GrimReaperRoperGrimReaperRoper North Carolina
    I'm excited for this one. Bill Moseley says it's a masterpiece. I trust his judgement.
  • edited April 2018
    You trust a B-horror actor that a movie he was in is a masterpiece?

Like, I'm sure it's fantastic but ew
  • Thought I would post here so the Halloween Thread doesn't go off-topic. They've also wrapped shooting.

I said earlier that I thought they would literally be from hell with some Dr. Satan shit but I'm seeing stills of them coming out of court like the Manson family, so, I don't know... Waiting for a trailer to hit.

Was gonna say in the other thread that all of Zombie's movies have been growers for me. Most notably House of 1000 Corpses I was hugely letdown with on first viewing as a teenager. Now I quote it and rewatch it as much as TCM2.

Had many problems with Lords of Salem on first viewing but that really grew on me. H2 I saw a lot more things on repeat viewings.

I hate the opening act of 31, the rest has its moments. Felt exactly the same on a rewatch and unlike his others, I'm not as interested in rewatching it.
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    I dunno. I love Rejects but this seems like a grab to me.

It feels like he is only making because its probably the only IP producer's want to fund him for, and he has pissed off a ot of his supports with his horrible 31 campaign that still owes people.

I could be wrong, I love the cast. Bill Orbest or whatever, is fucking great.

But it just seems like he is clutching at straws.
  • @Oxley What happened with the campaign? I only heard him say it was a ballache and he'd never do it again.
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    He was promising an unrated directors cut.

Still hasn't happened and I highly doubt it ever will
  • AtmosphereAtmosphere England
    edited July 2018
    HOA1000C is just an extension of his music videos, and even he would probably tell you that. Devil's Rejects is the only half-decent thing Rob has made, but it's still no masterpiece. Halloween I & II are trash. Lords of Salem was like a teenage film student seeing a Jodorowsky movie and trying to replicate it in their mom's house, and 31 was a fucking hot mess albeit slightly entertaining in parts in a so-bad-it's-good kind of way.

I'm not a Zombie hater for the sake of hating, I actually like the dude and hope the new movie is good and that I'll be proved wrong. But as of now, he's a one-hit wonder, and even that "hit" wasn't dynamite.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Jesus Christ lol

One of the very best in the genre and I'm sure this will be fantastic. 31/Rejects/H2/Salem are all great to phenomenal, H1 is good, and I'm sure I'd like House on a re-watch.

This being a direct sequel to Rejects couldn't be more perfect.
  • *direct-to-video sequel
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • And? As if guys like Rob and Eli couldn't be making bullshit studio horrors if they wanted to lmao