Off-Topic Thread May 2018: The Sacrificial Virgin Edition

Comments

• edited May 2018
    I have two jobs again. Something I said I wasn't going to do for a while. :'(
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Way to hog all the jobs. No wonder I can't find one. :angry:

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• My girl quit her job and now has three she’s been hired for and has to decide which one to take. Lucky ass.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I saved my roommates job today

That's all I got
  • So I had an idea for a new Blob movie and wanted to share, see what anyone thought

It would make mention of the other 2 (3) movies, explain how some blobs are a little different, starts with them studying the other 2, and the the 2nd blob was the result of trying to make a more controllable blob or something.

So with 2 blobs of slightly different make, this lets us make a 3rd kind of blob. (cause really, a straight up remake could be well done, but would still be much the same really)

So 3rd blob, this one is more predatory, knows a little patience, and though it turns red when, and after it eats, if it waits, it goes clear again after it digests all that flesh and blood, not invisible, but hard to spot until you're right on top of it, or vise versa.

So the difference in this version would be a little more figuring out what's going on, and then finding out it turns clear, so you can't always just look for a red blob

So anyway, just an idea, and including the 1st two as different incidents, it gives justification for making this 3rd type of blob

So good idea, bad idea, messes too much with the sacred formula of how the blob works?

It was the cow...

• nancenance maryland
    happy mothers day, everybody!
  • Happy mother's day!
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    @Willowfang I like the idea of an intelligent Blob that divides and disguises itself--clear blob becomes lime Jell-O, is ingested by someone, absorbs that person from the inside out, then slithers off to rejoin the larger mass.
  • RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.
    FUCK!!!....Hit a deer going to work yesterday morning. Happen so fast, that I just kept going. $4500 worth of damage, and I'm thankful for full coverage. This makes the 3rd deer that I've hit in the last 15 years.
  • 4500$ in damage cost? God damn.
  • Damn dude! What happened to the Deer?
  • 4500$ damage cost can only mean that Deer is long gone.
  • Yeah but is it an instant kill or do you have to put it out of its misery? Sounds like such a sucky situtation.
  • edited May 2018
    I just took out the garbage and this creepy person ambled by who reminded me sooo much of old man Kane from the Poltergeist movies lol

He was pale and nearly bald beside from a few strands of long silver hair and he was wearing a posh long jacket but he was walking unsteady. Then I realized he was wearing tramp like shoes that were completely wrecked. He then just stood still and stared into nothingness with his sunken eyes. I quitely went back inside...
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    edited May 2018
    @RustyNailFromHell I know a couple of guys who would gladly ride along with you just to increase their odds of bagging a deer.

@Midnight-Kroovy It really depends on the situation. Sometimes the deer will take off and you never know how badly it was injured. I know a guy who hit one a couple years ago. He said a guy came out of the woods and asked if he could have it--dude even had a cart! He shot it 2-3 times to make sure it was dead.
    There are a LOT of deer accidents where I'm at. I've been pretty fortunate not to have gotten tangled up in one myself, but odds are not in my favour.

Four of my favourites:

Guy hits a deer. He and his brother manage to get it into the trunk. He manages to get the car home and when he opens the trunk, the deer nearly kills him as it jumps out.

Guy is driving the turnpike in western PA and sees 3-4 deer a good distance ahead. He starts flashing his headlights to warn a minivan traveling in the opposite direction, but the driver either doesn't notice or doesn't understand what the warning is for. one of the deer runs in front of the minivan. Guy said it was like it happened in slow-motion. Minivan/deer never had a chance. Deer pretty much disintegrated as did the front of the minivan.

Guy and girl riding double on a motorcycle at night hit a deer doing approx 55mph. They went THROUGH the deer! My wife knew the girl and unfortunately, she was critically injured. I don't remember what happened to her friend, but he was pretty messed up as well. I've heard of similar accidents where the biker walks away uninjured, but totally covered in deer blood/guts/bone/and shitload of fur.

Guy hits deer head on. Deer goes through windshield and pretty much destroys guys face. He was on his way to work so he decides to drive the rest of the way. People at the shop are horrified when they see him because one of his eyes is actually hanging out of its socket. He ended up driving all the way back home so his wife could take him to the hospital. Most of his face and forehead are reconstructed with metal plates. He didn't lose the eye.

• Holy shit! Those stories are nuts haha! Seems like all those crazy deer deaths in the movies aren't too far off! Kinda wanna see a motorbike go through one now...
  • There's this hot Hispanic girl at work who I thought about asking out a while back until I found out she was married. I figured she was 25. I just found today that she's in her 40's and has a son my age. Holy shit those are some good genes.
  • Itey Bitey and Little Angles - Names of real daycares in my town. Gotta love the South.
  • How do I feel bitch I feel undefeated

Snap my fingers disappear from the precinct yeah
This discussion has been closed.