Worst Horror Movie You Ever Saw

Comments

• WillowfangWillowfang SoCal
    edited May 2018
    I... "enjoy" house of the dead too, I like Uwe Boll, he's just fun

He's obviously not a very good director, but still.

Do see Rampage, but everything else, sure to be some fans

It was the cow...

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    I actually enjoyed Rampage.
  • edited May 2018
    Rampage was an absolute blast.
  • Uwe Boll is not completely without merit. Rampage was fun and Tunnel Rats, despite some technical issues, was a surprisingly solid Vietnam war film.

How has Uli Lommel not been mentioned yet? I've tried to watch some of his stuff before because I was genuinely curious whether a filmmaker could be as soul-crushingly awful as I'd heard. Turns out they were right. Zombie Nation was excruciating. Kind of makes guys like Rob Zombie or Uwe Boll who have been talked about seem like masters of their craft.

Zero perspective in this thread.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • @TexasSnacks

RZs Halloween was solid and I understand someone not liking it but to say it’s bad “all around” is just ridiculous.

Zombieween IS all around bad. One of the cringiest movies I've ever seen.

Last House on the Left (original) is just utter garbage. Don't @ me.

^THIS is ridiculous...

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Haha ok.
  • Off the top of my head:

Possession (1981)
    My Soul to Take

I really REALLY hate these movies.
  • I have to really dig deep to remember the ones I truly hate, but the most recent one I saw that I absolutely despised was The Houses October Built 2.
  • My Soul to Take was one of Craven's worst genre flicks.
  • the wicker man remake is not just one of the worst horrors ever, it's also one of the worst things ever
  • cliffyd33cliffyd33 ontario canada
    oh fuck try anything from chris seaver and troma movies, theyre the fuckin worst, but I enjoy them because they try to be bad!
  • edited May 2018
    Thanks for reminding me, speaking of Troma.

Toxic Avenger part 3 has to be one of the worst films I've ever seen, I also hate number 2 but I let it fly because it has a good intro fight...
  • Toxic Avenger 2 & 3 rock. B)
  • Wirral WriterWirral Writer Merseyside, UK
    I agree about My Soul To Take. I wasn't too keen on it either.
    Alan Toner
    Horror Writer
    www.alantoner.com
  • Alien 3 is a good film. It's just not a good "sequel" to Aliens.
  • Alien 3 is alot of fun, in my opinion. Watch it once every couple years.
  • Rubber (words cannot describe how bad this whole concept is)
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1612774/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
    followed closely by scapbook
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304676/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Why I never trust ratings on IMDB or Rotten tomatoes.
  • edited June 2018
    The worst horror film I've ever seen is The Revenant (2009), it's a so called zombie horror comedy. (The only part of that they got right was the zombie part).
    Others I don't have a high opinion off are:
    Killer Mermaids
    Stepfather (the newer version)
    Horror Story (I might have enjoyed it a little more if the audio didn't switch between languages and the subtitles hadn't kept cutting out. But it wouldn't have saved it).
    Almost forgot I also didn't like Don't Look Now. Honestly can't see why it's considered a must see for horror fans.
  • Mr_CottonMr_Cotton I am in Hell. Help me.
    edited June 2018
    Quickly, off the top of my head (I’ll think of more later, and there are many)…

Every film made by Rob Zombie, with the exception of The Devil’s Rejects, which is actually rather solid, and I’m curious to see how the sequel 3 from Hell will turn out. OK, I admit I quite perversely enjoyed 31, even though it can’t really be classed as a good film - more as a fun good mess. Zombie can direct, but he’s easily one of the worst screenwriters working in modern horror cinema.
    "It's Frank. It's Uncle Frank. You remember. Come to Daddy."
  • prettyscaryprettyscary Pennsyltucky
    Open Water