Off-Topic Thread June 2018: I Love LA Edition

Comments

• The MST3K thing in NYC sounds interesting. I might consider it and I'm out there enough anyway. Do those usually sell out? My only issue is Comic Con the week before that.
  • @Mr. Awesome , I wouldn't wait too long to buy them. Joel will be onstage riffing with the bots for the first time in 25 years, so I'm sure tickets will go fast. They only cost me $40 each (with a surcharge).
  • Not sure how long I'll ride this wave but im on cloud 9 rn
  • Got a rough couple of weeks ahead but gonna have a timeout tonight and tomorrow as my indie cinema has a 35mm Screening of Buffalo 66 (love it, had the poster on my wall all through Uni) and a £1 entry 35mm screening of the original Piranha (Never seen before).
  • The original Piranha will prolly show a little age, but should still hold up quite well too

It was the cow...

• I'm looking forward to it, I love Dante so don't know why I haven't seen it before. It's Piranha's 40th anniversary.
  • Piranha was definitely one of the better Jaws knockoffs.

It's a fun ride.
  • edited June 2018
    Speaking of creature features, James Wan is producing a remake of Arachnophobia.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Meh. The original was creepy because it was filled with lots of real critters. Anything today is bound to be mostly CGI.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Sounds like you need to re-watch Arachnophobia because that movie is a fucking silly joke
    It was horror-comedy dipshit. It wasn't great, but it was entertaining enough.

• I enjoyed it.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • It was a hahahoorah
  • I enjoyed it too, cheesy sure but that was the intent.

Saw Hereditary today it's the best horror movie of the year.

Very unsettling.
  • @Freddy_Lives , damn straight. I loved Hereditary.
  • I don't know if anything can top that.

Halloween will be great I'm sure but Hereditary was great in almost every aspect especially the acting.
  • edited June 2018
    Halloween won't top Hereditary.

As excited as I am for Halloween it's not going to happen.
  • "the original was creepy"
This discussion has been closed.