Hulu...a division of Disney soon?

As you know Disney raised its bid for Fox by 10% from 52 billion to over 71 billion, don't be surprised if Comcast bids again and it ends up to 100 billion.

This deal is more then just getting back X-Men, Deadpool, Fantastic Four, and more, so much more. One of the many things this deal will bring is another 30% of Hulu under Dish giving them 60% control, which means Disney will own Hulu!

It's possible they will use this for there edgier original content.

On a side note would Disney also own The Handmaiden's Tale?

Comments

• Comcast will counterbid and still pose a huge threat to Disney. And it'll be a higher, all-cash offer, as opposed to Disney's 50/50 stock and cash bid. So Comcast's offer will be very appealing for those on the Fox board wanting a quick paycheck and to be done with it. However, Rupert Murdoch seems pretty set on the Disney acquisition, for stakes in what will be a Disney-majority Hulu and possibly to get his sons a lucrative Disney job.

Personally, I'd much rather Comcast buys out Fox, but agrees to sell back their Marvel properties to Disney. It's the fairest outcome here... Marvel finally has all it's eggs in one basket, and Comcast will stay a healthy competitor in the marketplace.

I'm much more worried about the AT&T/Time Warner merger to be honest. They're already rolling out their own streaming service and it's obvious AT&T don't care about what content they have, they just want content period.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • Dragulia1448Dragulia1448 California
    I agree, it's a shame too, they could make great content from the licenses they now own.
  • Dannyboy11Dannyboy11 Costa Mesa, CA
    I want Marvel back to Disney :(
  • Christopher_CookseyChristopher_Cooksey Thousand Oaks, CA
    Looks like it's a done deal now and Hulu is part of it. http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/953697-disney-fox-acquisition