Off-Topic Thread July 2018: Independence Day Edition

Comments

• Should I tip the pizza guy
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    edited July 2018
    I'm so glad my country isn't backwards to the point I have to pay almost every idiot to do their job.

Its the most retarded fucking thing ever. Fuck. That.
  • edited July 2018
    I thought the order was like 15.80 so I gave him 16 but it was actually 14 something. I'm so generous

It's so dumb tho, esp when a delivery charge is already included.
  • The delivery charge doesn’t cover gas or wear and tear on the vehicle. You tip so you don’t have to deal with that, and you’re lazy.

The delivery charge is generally a way for places to keep their prices the same while costs go up. Instead of a medium 2 topping from Dominoes going up to $7.99, it stays at $5.99 because the delivery charge covers the rest.

Always tip around $5 if you can. After a few orders you’ll notice you always get yours super hot and it’s never messed up. Take care of your peeps and they take care of you.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    I tip change because I fucking hate change.

Vote Republican.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • edited July 2018
    I give the pizza man a 5$ always. These people can practically starve if they don't get their tips (and what's 5$ to me anyways, I spend more on candy at the gas station), I'm not an asshole. If the pizza man came to my door and fucked my mom and kicked my door in calling me a man slut, I'd beat him half to death, but you bet your damn ass he's still leaving with my 5$.
  • It's a fuckin 2 minute drive to my house and minimum wage is 13.60 here. It's stupid.
  • Drivers don’t make minimum wage you muppet, which is why they need tips as much as the wait staff does. They do have a higher pay per hour, somewhere around $4.00. Now if the busines turns down tips, that’s when their people make true minimum wage.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • In ALBERTA CANADA DRIVERS MUST BE PAID MININUM

AT PIZZA HUT THE DRIVERS ALSO GOT A COMMISSION ON EVERY DELIVERY
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    Yeah yeah we get it Canada sucks.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Yeah it's clearly America which sucks the D here
  • You got dicks in Canada? I thought you all were a bunch of pussies?

Judging by some reports anyway...

It was the cow...

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    Let this be an example of not what to do on the Fourth . . .

Brilliant. :#
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• gwallygwally Snowhio

Now thems some fireworks!
  • My Grandmother's funeral is tomorrow. I'm sad about it, but it feels like she's been gone for a long time already.

Dementia is a Bitch.
  • Yeah, I know that feel, with dementia, and maybe with a few other things, it's like they're already gone before they actually pass away....

It was the cow...

• Yeah my Dad had to stop visiting her at the nursing home because she didn't even recognize him and that hurt too much. He took my Grandfather's death really hard so I know tomorrow's gonna be rough for him.
This discussion has been closed.