Off-Topic Thread July 2018: Independence Day Edition

Comments

• Too late now slow poke.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I just donated some money to a pledge drive for the new season of mst3k in order to get Ford's name in the credits of an episode. Hopefully they put his name in a giant monster episode, like they put my name in the Yongary episode from last season.
  • OHNOOOOOOOOOO

OHNO

OHNO
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    So I've got a big life change. Past 6 years I've been working as a brickie labourer. My two bosses are good, I get along with them real well.

All been cash in hand for me, which makes it near impossible to get loans, get your own place etc. As there's zero proof of work. And I can't keep chucking cash in the bank or thw government will come knocking wondering why I'm not paying tax.

Its going nowhere. In another 10 years my bosses will retire and I'll be jobless with no qualifications.

An opportunity has risen to work for or become a stone mason. I did a day with them today. There's one kinda dick working there but you get that. I can either be a worker there or do an apprenticeship. Which is better in the long run, but I'd be lucky to make 500 a week for a few years, apprentice's earn fuck all.

Decisions. Decisions.
  • Do it.

Probably moving to the city here soon, similar thing here.
    Advice from seven?

Jesus. I've hit a new low.
  • Sounds good! You dont want nothing to show for your time, years down the line. You got any money saved up for an apprenticeship? Maybe you can now get a student account with loans, overdraft etc. ?

@Se7en what city you thinking?
    I git some dosh saved. Not heaps but a bit. I think I have about $2000 sitting in my car. Plus whatever's in the house. Haven't counted that for awhile.

A mate owes me $1200 too. Might have to start breaking knee caps.
  • $2000 in your car, sitting by the open window... that you have advertised online.

Sounds like you are in pretty good shape for an Apprenticeship. Just make sure its credible and worth your time by asking around.
    Anyone is welcome to it if they can find where I fuckin live. Haha.

Mick Taylor would be scared to come here.
  • Take the job @Oxley, think about the future and not the present.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
    Yeeah. I keep saying that.

Stupid future Oxley. Asshole.
  • Must admit, for a second with The Stonemasons, I thought Oxley was joining the illuminati.
    Well, I didn't say I wasn't.

Or is it the Templar Order?

WHERE IS HERETIC
  • edited July 2018
    I read it as free masons and I was like OMG this is my the beginning of my infiltration

@kroovy Edmonton. Two hours away. Roommate wants to go and she ain't leavin me here. We just got figure out a plan.

Edit

After our other roommate got kicked out I wanted to go to the city. Small towns suck.
  • gwallygwally Snowhio
    Happy Friday the 13th.
  • Holy shit you're right
  • Oxley, if you have the chance to improve your life and future with a better job, then go for it.
This discussion has been closed.