Hell Fest (2018)

Mr_CottonMr_Cotton I am in Hell. Help me.
edited July 2018 in Horror Movies
G2D3BEK.jpg
Hell Fest is a slasher film taking place in a horror theme park during Halloween horror nights. A costumed killer begins slaying unsuspecting parkgoers, who are unclear whether it's all a part of the park experience or not.

"It's Frank. It's Uncle Frank. You remember. Come to Daddy."

Comments

• Looks like another reason to go to the theater.
  • Not really sold on that trailer. Could be fun, but looks generic.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I saw the trailer the other day when I went to another movie. The trailer looks pretty good, but I'm worried they just made a decent trailer out of the best parts of another by-the-numbers average film..

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Mr_CottonMr_Cotton I am in Hell. Help me.
    I’m a sucker for slasher films; I’ve always had fondness for this horror sub-genre, so I’ll definitely be seeing this.
    A new red band trailer...

• this has a solid 90s slasher vibe going for it..not sure if it will get my lazy ass to the theater.
  • The TV spots have been drawing me in... May check out the matinee.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    edited September 2018
    Saw Blood Fest and American Fright Fest movies, I'll give this a go. This looks the better of the three.
  • I'm going tomorrow.
  • Saw a trailer for this in the theater, looks like schlock fun but could go the other way and just be horrible.
  • This should at least exceed whatever low bar Dark Ride set for circus slashers.
    Yeah, Dark Ride is a piece of shit.
  • Dark Ride was TERRRRIBLE!
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I'll prob see this next week. Tis the season to see horror movies.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• Sounds dope tbh
    Tobe Hooper's 1981 carnival themed slasher The Funhouse is solid stuff. It's one of Hooper's very better films, and I highly recommend it.
  • RowdyRoddyCrackpiperRowdyRoddyCrackpiper Badstreet USA
    edited September 2018
    I was thinking of recent garbage but yeah Funhouse is probably the king of the subgenre. That being said the monster costume hasn't aged well. The monster was on screen a lot for neither the mask nor hands to look the least bit flexible and glued in place. If somebody ever did a remake, they should do some kind of meta fake-out where a similar mask is used again after he takes off the Frankenstein mask. Then for the finale he removes the blue monster face to reveal an actual deformed human. Now the killer was still one of the better slashers of that era. Especially considering all the lazy ass Hills Have Eyes reject feral rednecks and human hunters that were the killers in other stuff. Last but not least Kevin Conway says a lot of quoteworthy shit that should've made its way into the horror lexicon of famous lines.

"Oh, don't mind him...….he's harmless...….as long as he's been fed."
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Saw this last night. Just a fun popcorn flick with a couple of fun kills.
  • More like Mediocre Fest. It was fun until something really chapped my ass
    The first kill from the main group. The "boyfriend" getting his head smashed with the giant carnival sledgehammer, or Gallagher's Sledge-O-Matic. It was awesome and made me think this movie was going to have some more interesting and creative kills like that. The setting was perfect for it. It tickled my balls a little and I was ready for more. NOPE. Everything after that was just a boring, regular stab kill.
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    The second one from the main group was pretty cool too @Mr. Awesome. The rest I agree with you about the kills. It was still fun.