The Off-Topic Thread September 2018: A September To Remember Edition

Freddy_LivesFreddy_Lives in KC
edited September 2018 in General
One month till Halloween!!!!!

Comments

• gonna be a great day

Some guy in the bar as I was passing through said "hey waitress it's the angry dishwasher" so it seems my legend is spreading
  • RustyNailFromHellRustyNailFromHell Is between your girlfriend legs, while her parents watch with approval.
    Going to the city today, pick up couple of blurays & CD's, check out Target on Neca stuff, and eat out. After today, I'm not doing a damn thing or go anywhere for the rest of my 4 day weekend.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    tumblr_pecfqsRj2z1sarywjo1_540.gif
  • For anyone here who's interested, sign-ups for the Horror Draft begin on Tuesday.
  • Roommate decided to take me to Edmonton to make up for last week. 2001 is happening.
  • Six people left during the stargate sequence

I have seen god
  • Seriously? Losers.
  • It's the most visually incredible thing I've ever seen, kinda blew my mind. That's the point in the movie yóu give up? They better be epileptic.

I also heard the guy behind me say that this version is a lot longer than the one he saw, even though that's not possible. People are weird.
  • I was the only one in the theater when I watched it.

Literally not a single other soul.
  • @Freddy_Lives Having an entire screen to yourself for 2001 sounds amazing.

Don't think I've ever had a screen to myself. I've been close plenty of times but someone always walks in last minute.
  • I've had the theater to myself quite a few times, I go at odd hours just to avoid the foot traffic.

The best experience was probably Return of The King as it had snowed all day long and I went at like 7pm and it felt like Last Action Hero where I was literally the only one in the entire theater! Some old guy doing all of the work by himself, ticket taking/concessions everything. He said he was the only one to make it in and it's a 24 screen theater so it was kind of shocking.

TCM-03 I saw with my friends and we were the only ones in there, granted a much smaller theater.

Couple of others that were mediocre movies which wasn't surprising that no one showed up.

2001 was definitely a highlight that's for sure.

Saw Hereditary a few months back and there were only like 8 people including me and 4 left during the last 45 mins or so which was puzzling.

• I saw Joe Dirt alone.

Still funny.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • Surprised the walkouts wouldn't have happened earlier in Hereditary. After a shock scene? @Freddy_Lives
  • edited September 2018
    Years ago when The Gallows came out I was the only one and some 87 year old man.

10 minutes in the movie when some jump scare happened and it was evident it was found footage horror movie the old man left.

Still trying to figure out if he accidently went to the wrong showing or he just shit his pants and had to clean up.
  • At 87 I would hope he knows what a shit film looks like and ducked to another screening
  • Last Halloween my local Regal Cinemas had a Horrorfest. I saw the OG Fright Night, Pet Sematary, and The Dead Zone all by my lonesome. I almost had another private screening of The Monster Squad but some old dude walked in 5 minutes after the lights went out. I remember he started waving his hands up in the air and grooving out when the Rock Until You Drop montage came up.... Can't really blame him.

Hope they do another fest this year, but I doubt it based on last year's attendance. :'(
  • That sounds awesome
  • ^'twas
This discussion has been closed.