Apostle (2018)

Written and directed by Gareth Evans (THE RAID), APOSTLE is about a man travels to a remote island to search for his missing sister after she is kidnapped by a murderous religious cult.

This looks pretty wild.
• Guilty Remnant •

Comments

• ALL HAIL DAN STEVENS

Isn't this out this month?
  • Looks aces
  • 12th October. My birthday.

I'm already getting The Raid vibes from the violence in that trailer.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    Looks interesting, and being on Netflix makes it an easy watch.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• The Raid movies are pure class so really hoping Evans can reach the same levels with a horror flick
  • I've seen Raid 2 like five times but last watch a few days ago fully clicked. Top top tier.

This can't fail. Too much talent.
  • Fuck duck duck didn't realize this dropped until now

At 4 am
  • Fuck that was some demented shit
  • OMFG I need to watch this!
  • prettyscaryprettyscary Pennsyltucky
    Wow.
  • Happy belated B. day @Atmosphere, hope you had a good one, many more etc. I still need to watch Apostle, maybe tonight.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • @Post Ghost Thanks friend. :3

Hope ya like it.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • I have to give this a go! looks pretty damn interesting!
  • This movie was legit.
  • Finally finna watch dis tonight
  • BOMBOM Ireland
    A bit of a let-down for me I'm afraid, it all just felt a tad underdeveloped. It was certainly interesting but ultimately unsatisfying. Loved Dan Stevens in The Guest but his performance here was a wild miss.
  • ???? Where do people get this?

Absolutely unreal performance from Dan, this was fantastic.
  • I don't get the underdeveloped complaint. If anything it was in danger of being overdeveloped.
  • BOMBOM Ireland
    The movie has its good points and is worth a watch but despite all the gore, there just wasn't any meat on the bones; of the characters, the story, the world it took place in, his relationship to his sister. The community wasn't fleshed out enough, I got no sense of how it all worked. I think Stevens' performance is a perfect example of what wasn't quite right with the movie as a whole.