The Netflix Thread

Comments

• Also binged it with the roomies. I knew most of what they talked about, but it has a lot of information presented in a very professional, concise way. Always fascinating to hear him talk.
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    edited January 2019
    Apparently their working on a resident evil show.

I like the first films. I stopped watching after the third.

Hope they serve it with some koalatea
  • Finished Bundy today.

Serial killers are narcissists, then there's Bundy. Guy completely fucked his own trial with his arrogance.
  • WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    Polar is amazing!

Just sit back and enjoy some cool as fuck hitman madness!

tumblr_pkzvss0Yc81rnkqsoo1_540.gif
  • Polar was booty but the action was cool

Velvet Buzzsaw is one of the strangest movies I've ever seen
  • Episode 6 of Hill House is one of the greatest hours of anything ever
  • Dying for The Irishman.
  • The entire 10 hrs of Hill House is fucking amazing. That last episode, so many feeeeeeeeeeeeeels.

Yep hanging for Irishman. Should be released later in the year.

Velvet Shithouse was a major disappointment. I get the message but for a horror satire, it was light on horror and satire.
  • Gilroy compared it to American Psycho. Colossal failure.

Hill House tho, gonna finish tonight or tomorrow.
    Nothing about Hill House is close to anything great. Jesus.
  • If you watch episode 6 and don't see some of the most masterful usage of interior space ever put on film, you weren't watching. Absolutely top tier. I was made aware of the long takes before falling right back into the scene before I had to remind myself "they're still going?". Great work from the actors and Mike especially, but everything is/was top.

This is far and away better than practically every horror property ever put on screen. Not a debate.
    I watched episode 6. Yawned through most of it. Acting impressive? Yeah. But they were still moaning about the same shit they were for the previous x amount of episodes.

That last paragraph is literally the absolute stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen you say. Ever.
  • edited February 2019
    It's a slow burn horror masterpiece. Pretty simple really.

... But let's avoid calling it the best show ever made right now.
  • Hill House is great. Yes, a slow burn, but the character work alone is dynamic.

Probably one of the best studies of grief I've ever seen put to film.
  • I legitimately don't see how any fan of horror could sit through the entirety of Hill House and their only take-away is that it's boring. I'm not talking about whether you loved or hated it overall, which in itself I would maybe take issue with, but there is literally so much to digest and marvel at that I honestly don't even know where to begin.

You can dislike it, but to suggest it's anything less than a brilliant achievement literally just makes you sound like a bitter fart.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • ^^Exactly. Fair enough if you don't like, but the dismiss everything it does, from storytelling to acting, to cinematography is just baffling.
  • edited February 2019
    If someone told me they can't find a single good thing about Hill House I would probably tell them to go watch MTV's Scream series or some other Tween Horror/Com considering they lack any ability to digest the depth of a real show.
  • I could go on and on about episodes 7 and 8. The duality and execution of the writing between the parents/kids and their future self's are the best portrayal of that dynamic I've ever seen. The tension at the beginning of 7 with the cop, the lead up to the return to Hill House, all that was amazing.
  • All this HH talk, imma watch it again.
  • Yeah, definitely need a rewatch.

I just realized it got completely ignored this whole awards season too. I know awards are poop but still nice to see credit where credit is due. That's some horseshit.
    • Guilty Remnant •