Shudder (Movies and TV)

Can't find a thread on thi streaming service so thought I'd create a hub for those who subcribe but also those thinking about using it. I decided to give it a chance and so far its been worth it, yes its small and the format is still a little bit clunky but the more subs it gets the better it should become. Just like Netflix the selection differs depending what part of the world you are so me being in the UK only got two episodes of "Joe Bob Briggs: The Last Drive-in" but thats okay. I've enjoyed some of the shudder exclustives such as "Dead Wax" "You might be the Killer" and currently watching the "Wolf Creek" tv series. What do you guys feel about it so far?

Comments

• Last time I saw a horror channel was years ago on regular TV, might have been Chiller. Loved the concept but their schedule could've used some work (blocks of a scare-related reality series, then the same few mediocre movies on a loop, all week long).

The Shudder site looks better than that. But is the window still open? A horror channel seemed revolutionary for regular TV, but standard for the internet, where all genres are available at any time, where I could program a playlist of original horror short-films on YouTube and have a unique viewing experience for free.

I would support Shudder, at least with moral support, because a 24-hour horror channel will always be a good idea with a lot of potential.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • edited December 2018
    Been watching a ton of Shudder on Prime lately, a lot of good stuff on there.
  • So far i think its worth it, being about the same price as Netflix but not nearly the ammount of content but to be honest half of the crap on netflix i probably would never watch. But from what i have watched so far on shudder its been a little more than worth the monthly fee. Not sure what the horror section on netflixs is like in the US but here in the UK we will say its very dusty and hardly updated.
  • @FormaldehideNSeek Horror on Netflix sucks (besides a few originals) in the US in my opinion.
  • I've had a active sub for over a year and watched maybe 4 movies lol.

But it always had the movies I needed that no where didn't, I keep the sub up under principal. It's good to have horror only streaming services.
  • MaydayMayday - Mega-City One
    I like Shudder, mostly because they gave me about 4 months free and I got to see some good TV shows like Wolf Creek and Jordskott, plus a bunch of movies I wouldn't have otherwise. However, they don't have a big enough catalogue or enough quality material that I would regularly subscribe. Plus last time I used them they still weren't available through the PS network so I have to watch on my computer. But if they give me more free access I'll watch more.

Jury. Executioner. Judge.

• RowdyRoddyCrackpiperRowdyRoddyCrackpiper Badstreet USA
    edited December 2018
    Chiller sucked ass because it was a basic cable channel. Shudder occasionally debuts cool new shit like Mandy or Summer of '84. On the other hand, more than one of their movies has had glitching issues where it wouldn't even play without the image freezing every 30 seconds or so. I raised this issue with their stream of The Beyond and it still took them four or five months to fix the damn thing.

There are also weird instances where a new title will be added only to vanish a week later. This happened earlier this year with Alone In The Dark (1982) and most recently Silent Night, Deadly Night was added and then disappeared although that could've just as easily been some kind of misdirection to convince everyone Joe Bob was going to do a marathon of the Silent Night, Deadly Night franchise. Of course, the exclusion of Phantasm II from that Phantasm marathon was so egregious Joe Bob might as well have shown the original Phantasm and then decided to review Silent Night, Deadly Night 3-5 for the rest of the marathon. Any Phantasm marathon that omits part 2 while pretending 3 or 4 are watchable to the non-Phantasm nut is hot garbage. There's no use in picking on Ra-Vager as it's a glorified fan film.

On Firestick, they recently updated their interface to where there are only three live streaming channels like their Roku channel. There used to be seven or eight live streaming channels you could click on. Their rotation was never that varied but it was still fun randomly clicking on something whether you hadn't seen it before or even if it was something you had seen dozens of times. I must have seen Street Trash (no longer part of their content) fifty times by clicking on one of those streaming channels and not being able to pull myself away.
  • @RowdyRoddyCrackpiper Your post inspired me to watch Street Trash. That's a good movie, enjoyed the practical gore effects.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • Well so far ive watched.
    Society
    Revenge
    Phantasm 1,2,3 and 4
    The Burning
    You Might Be The Killer.
    Dead Wax
    King Cohen: The Wild World of Filmmaker Larry Cohen
    Demons

And so far they have been well worth the subcription cost, currantly watching Basket Case (First time) hosted by joe bob briggs and im loving this dude.
  • one thing that is annoying me and its mainly about the joe bob briggs series is that there are episodes missing and only a few put on due to copyright issues or something, id rather they just kept it all off if thats the case its the same issues as with netflix. Not having all the same content is stupid.