The Off-Topic Thread January 2019 - Let's Make BD Great Again

Comments

• It's 2019 kiddos, you can't say the same stuff on the web that you did back in 2005. Get with the the times.

;)
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    edited January 2019
    Lol he's like, genuinely surprised he got banned.

*says N word*

*gets banned*

Oxley: *surprised pikachu face*
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Wonder what racist tirade will cause my exodus
    edited January 2019
    Tell us how you really feel about the Dutch Seben
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Maybe it was aggressively provocative, but I don't think what Oxley said was racist. Lenny Bruce used that word a lot, for example. In the 1960s, comedians with provocative acts would get "banned" from performing, dragged off stage by police and placed in a cage until the artist could make bail. Times have changed but not that much. I hope this is only a temporary banishment.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • I just thought it was a silly shock value joke. Bad taste but not really malicious.
    So what you're saying is the Jews did this...
  • They've clearly infiltrated the mod group as they have every other collective on the planet
  • SUSPIRIA IS OUT THERE
  • Just watched it. If it wasn't for character names, and if I hadn't known it was a remake of Suspiria going in, not sure I would've guessed - it's definitely its own unique movie, thankfully. Judging the remake on its own, with no relation to the original, I would call it an above-average witch movie with a strong three out of five rating.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • nancenance maryland
    snow day!!!!
  • I wish we got some snow this winter :'(
  • I've been getting plenty of snow..
  • M. Night's movie Glass is being savaged by critics, but I don't want to believe them. I mean, they are probably right, since Night hasn't made a good movie since 2006, but critics have been wrong about him in the past, like when they praised Signs and bashed The Village for example. Trailer looks like the best thing Night's done in over a decade. I thought Split was god-awful, but Unbreakable is in my top ten, so holding out hope for the best.

Yeah, I know I am likely going to be disappointed.
  • Split is incredible lol, probably and definitively his best work.
  • @Se7en Yeah, maybe "god-awful" was a bit much. In my defense I was having a nicotine fit when I wrote that.

I think Split had an interesting story, I was entertained by the plot. But there is a cutoff line for me with Night's movies that ends with Lady In The Water, which I consider to be his last good movie (I also didn't hate The Happening). Everything else (in my opinion) is sub-par. All the movies up to then, even Signs, were majestically directed, and I don't see that in his new films. Really hoping Glass will change that. I know it's getting bashed but I have a good feeling about it.
  • Anyone gonna check out the Blood Moon tonight?

iXAEGt.gif
  • edited January 2019
    @Midnight-Kroovy Dude, I woke up this morning and there was heavy fog, but the daylight was orange.......FUCKING ORANGE. It was one of the weirdest mornings I've woken up to, it was pretty freaky.
  • Here's what the moon looks like now outside my apartment...........
    3YHmVYK.jpg
  • Had a staff party and all I could think about was the finale of the Suspiria remake. That's a problem.
This discussion has been closed.