Stephen King's The Stand 2020

I think it is 2020. I don't. It seems they're remaking everything. Can they come up with sequels or new ideas instead?

Comments

• nancenance maryland
    i actually think the stand could use a hard reboot. while i enjoy aspects of the original mini, and i adore mick garris, it generally fails, imho, to capture the feel, essence, scope, and gravitas of the book. my main issue is that i don't see how it can be a movie. i doubt there's much of a market out there for an expensive apocalypse trilogy, and the stand would obviously be better served as a high quality television show. i'm excited.
  • I literally bought the book yesterday so I can read it before watching this,
  • The book is magnificent, so powerful.

I've never watched the original mini-series, it looks like it falls well short of the novels standards.
  • Guess I know what to read next.
  • You can't do a sequel to a bad 90s series
  • Top 3 book for me (The Stand, Lucifer's Hammer and I Am Legend). They are never going to have a 100% perfect version of this, but the tv mini-series was decent. I hope they cast it better this time. I really want Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Nick Andros.