The Off-Topic Thread March 2019 - Madness Edition

Comments

• nancenance maryland
    nope, but we did have green bagels for breakfast.
  • I'm on my honeymoon in Costa Rica and even down here there was a huge St. Paddy's day party.
  • No. I don't drink and it's just another day.
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    Fuck the Irish. Fuckin bastards.
  • Got woken up this morning by howler monkeys which was really annoying.

Had a coati steal some mango at lunch time, it was pretty funny this raccoon thing tried to open up the sliding glass doors, there are no handles outside for this reason alone.

Fucker got some mango off my hammock though.

Helluva a view.

https://imgur.com/a/U9YIEjM
  • Go home
  • Lol why?
  • Monkeys are dangerous
  • Meh, not scared.

I'm going to a refuge tomorrow with capuchins and all sorts of critters.

Caught a 25lb mahi-mahi today, got to eat it for lunch
  • • Guilty Remnant •
  • This MJ onslaught is... weird. Haven't seen Neverland yet tho
  • It's nothing new really, just more explicit details provided by the accusers than before

We live in a victim culture now. So I guess even some of those who were inclined to defend Jackson before now vehemently believe he was a paedo.

I kinda don't want to have an opinion either way, because the man is dead and we will never know.

I just thought the vid was kinda funny.
    • Guilty Remnant •
  • edited March 2019
    It just feels like they're lighting him on fire to distract from others. He's been dead for 10 years, then all this after a doc? Ehhhhh. Just gotta watch first.

Edit

Like every day. These articles aren't stopping.
  • edited March 2019
    I watched the first half of Leaving Neverland. Like I said before, I don't doubt that he was a pedo and this shed some insight into what was likely his grooming and abuse. That said, it doesn't feel worth the runtime for something that only offers the victims viewpoint and leaves a lot of unanswered questions.

Offering counselors on standby at the Sundance screening just reeked of the old grindhouse publicity stunt of handing out sick bags lol.

Doesn't the new Madeleine documentary, that apparently offers nothing to the case, have a runtime of 8 and a half hours? Will give that a miss.
  • John Carl Beuchler died??? Damn....
  • edited March 2019
    Holy shit why isn't today Friday.
  • RowdyRoddyCrackpiperRowdyRoddyCrackpiper Badstreet USA
    edited March 2019
    Jordan Peele has this real annoying thing going on here lately where whenever he brings up classic horror (in interviews) and inevitably Night Of The Living Dead comes up, he points out how afraid Barbara was to be in the house alone with a black man. No, jackass, the role wasn't even written for a black guy. Duane Jones got the role because he was the best local actor available. Everybody knows this. They even pointed this out in the same Horror Noire documentary on Shudder where I first saw Peele spout his garbage that Barbara was as freaked out by a black man as zombies.

Barbara was in a catatonic state because she saw her brother got his head cracked on a tombstone getting tackled by some kind of fucking goofy looking geek that is apparently a zombie. That's why she was in a state of shock. Now I'm fully expecting to like Us far more than Get Out and if it lives up to the hype, he can suck his own cock as much as he wants. But his shit take on Night Of The Living Dead is useless.
  • Spoonfed recited influences are always gonna be annoying with celebrities.

However, Barbara was absolutely uneasy with the black dude. The role didn't have to be written for one for the actors to play into it.
  • In my opinion Peele is only mediocre, he just plays to the cheap seats for glowing reviews. By cheap seats I mean outrage culture custodians trying to push a political agenda, the well-meaning lemmings who follow along to feel included (or out of fear that they might become the next target of the Twitter mob if they don't play along), and a mainstream media that knocks itself out trying to prop it all up on an hourly basis.

Ben from Night is one of the greatest heroes in the genre, Barbara is one of the greatest heroines, and their chemistry together is greater than the sum of its parts. Ben's calm and competent attitude is the perfect balance for Barbara and her wide-eyed hysteria.

Duane Jones got hired because Romero, unlike certain people I could name, was so unconcerned about race that it never crossed his mind. He just hired the best actor for the job.

Judith O'Dea gives the most realistic performance in all of horror. By her facial expressions alone, I'm fully convinced she's inside a house surrounded by the living dead. Probably how I would act too, although we'd all like to think we'd be Ben instead.

Sorry for the rant, but the information in the @RowdyRoddyCrackpiper post got me ticked off. Social justice warriors should leave Night alone.
    I love the way you sing, okay? I fucked up my whole life because of the way you sing. - Before Midnight
  • Barbara was in such a state of shock that even if her character did have in-borne prejudice, it was blocked off by her nervous breakdown at the time. She wasn't babbling wacky shit about Johnny because Ben was making her nervous. The only potentially touchy racial stuff going on between the two was when he had to rightfully try and slap some sense back into her to snap her out of it.
This discussion has been closed.