General Gaming Thread

Comments

• It's a fucking fourteen year old game dude I'm sure you can manage it
  • OxleyOxley Scumdog Overlord
    I can. Yes. But I don't want to. Costs me like $90 for 25GB.

I don't often DL games.
  • Oh well fuck that hassle then nvm m8
  • Anyone here played Hellblade?

That Wolfenstein II/Doom bundle is at a crazy price. MW3. AHHHHHHBB
  • edited July 2018
    I'm going to something awesome in August.

Long Island Retro Gaming Expo
    http://expo.liretro.com

0001600b-9e54-43dd-8dbc-dc1824a920cf.jpg

e5ba2063b064946cc369caed7e507908-rimg-w720-h405-gmir.jpg
  • CryptusCryptus 45 Lampkin Lane
    edited July 2018
    RE4 is overrated as fuck btw.

I mean. I do still love it. In fact I just bought the PS4 version today. But, it's still overrated as all fuck. The good parts are literally front loaded into the first quarter of the game. Then the end on the island maybe picks up a little. Love the Regenerators and all that, but jeez...that castle shit is some of the most mindnumbingly overdrawn slog ever in a RE game. That's why I can barely ever remember it.

I liked 5 much more because at least it was honest about abandoning all pretenses of horror.

Plus Wesker.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • Nope castle parts the best

Just stop lol
  • Whoa, this looks fucking incredible...

• Really wish Sony didn't have the shittier 4K console. They get all the great original IP.
    edited July 2018
    Castle part is a bunch of boring assets and bland stone work textures, with uninspired enemy designs.

pure slog. 'Cept the Garador. They save it a bit.
    Join the Official "Book of Shadows: Blair Witch 2 is Superior to the Original" Fan Club today! For the low price of: Stop lying to yourselves and admit it you cowards!
  • yes because when you're a young gamer in 2004 "boring assets" and textures are what you care about lmao

There's a lot of atmosphere and if bland, they do have a cool look in a vacuum.
    But...I was a young gamer in 2004 dolt. I was fucking 13.

And that was pretty much what I thought of that whole section back then too. Just a whole big buncha EH.
  • I was 22, and thought the section was tough and intense. Now it’s a walk in the park.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I want it naooooo!!!

And the line that has SJW's panties all in a bunch...

"Remember: 'demon' can be an offensive term. Refer to them as 'mortally challenged'."

So of course that's an anti immigration, alt right dog whistle....

I'm going to be very disappointed if id bends the knee to these crazies and removes the line.
  • edited August 2018
    It's lame in a meta way

Just downloaded the first one today as I finish Wildlands. What's with Ubisoft making 10000 hour games where you just do the same shit over and over?
    edited August 2018
    Trav are you sure *you* aren't the type of person blowing that line out of proportion? I've heard literally no one raise an eyebrow over that and laughs are the only reception I've seen from all the trailer reactions.

It's just a funny joke. An absurd tonal dissonance of the situation at hand. Maybe spare the urge to make another cliched commentary peppered with words like "soy", "snowflake", or "cuck" because you saw a post somewhere on tumblr once.
  • travisbickletravisbickle Florida
    edited August 2018
    Type in Doom Eternal on Youtube and a video with 280,000 views talking about it is the 2nd result that pops up. There's also a shitload of people whining about it on Twitter. I wasn't looking for it...

It's made a bit of news.
    edited August 2018
    No it hasn't. I follow several gaming channels, listen to a gaming podcast, and manage a gaming store. No one in the *real* world has said shit outside of laughing at it for a quick second or two. Most people are commenting on the actual gameplay mechanics.

A few pebbles of shit in the corner of the internet doesn't make a molehill into a mountain.
    Fuck even Kotaku, aka the SJW capital of the gaming world hasn't even squeaked about that line despite covering the game. What does THAT tell you?