Underground Horror Films

WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane

**In this thread I'll be posting about films off the mainstream, Underground horror. I'll be introducing new films and posting about old favorites. I will also be updating where and when you can purchase these movies

Comments

• Does "The Descent" count as an "underground" movie?
    =)

• WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    edited October 2017

@VampireJack

No. I'll fill this thread up in a bit. Wish he would give me a whole section. :'(

Take a look here before they close the forum.

http://bloody-disgusting.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=8

• It should count. The whole movie took place underground. :p

• WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane
    edited November 2017

Bonehill Road {2017}

Director; Todd Sheets

_In Sheets’ own words:

Bonehill Road is an homage to classic monster films like The Howling and An American Werewolf In London. In some ways, it is a throwback to the films we grew up with… the real horror movies that we all love so much, and in another way it is a modern horror flick that uses old school techniques, including Practical Monster Effects. NO CGI at all here. Our goal is to make an exciting, scary monster movie with some really cool werewolves.

_

I got to see a screener of this, it was amazing!

• TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten

@Wonderlust any release date for Bonehill Road yet?

@TexasSnacks 27 October 2017 (limited) Don't know if it will hit the festivals and reviewers first though...or VOD

The Gateway Meat {2008}

Director: Ron DeCaro

_The Gateway Meat is a disturbing and sadistic film, that strays far from the normal conventions of the horror genre. It is about a group of Satanists, living in a quaint, coastal fishing town. As the film progresses we get to know the character played by DeCaro himself, Markus. The film is mainly about how Markus struggles as he tries to deal with the great expectations that are placed on him after his fathers death. Markus' father, who was a Satanist, was trying to open up a portal into hell. Now that he is gone, Markus must take the reigns, and gain the power that his father wanted. With the help of his family and a couple of friends, Markus murders his way to power, as his young, preschool aged daughter watches."

—Ron DeCaro_

edited November 2018
    South Mill District - A Film by Joe Meredith

A place where the line between human and alien is blurred. ‘South Mill District’ follows Drennan, as he comes to realize that he is the subject of a dangerous experiment involving the assimilation of alien and human DNA. To become a half-extraterrestrial being, his body had to first be hollowed out by an oversized spider, bioengineered by EonCorp, a corporation with evil intentions. But being genetically altered by the spider is only the beginning for Drennan…

Starring
    Joe Meredith
    Cidney Meredith
    Toby Johansen

Directed By
    Joe Meredith

Written By
    Joe Meredith

Release 2018

https://www.facebook.com/South-Mill-District-132718587375106/

https://www.facebook.com/132718587375106/videos/156059448374353/
  • I recently watched and enjoyed;
    The Burning Moon (amazing)
    Premutos
    Billy Club 2013

I've got the following lined up for the next few months; Bloody Bloody Bible Camp, Circus of the Dead, The Sleeper, Death Stop Holocaust, Blood Junkie, Gutterballs, The Cemetery.
    @Midnight-Kroovy Oh nice! Billy Club is one of my favorites! You should enjoy Blood Junkie aswell.

Olaf Ittenbach is my favorite German director. Garden of Love is my favorite film by him. I have the steelbook . <3 I've seen all of your selections, can't wait to hear what you think of Circus of the Dead! Best film of 2017 for me.

Enjoy your movie watching. : ) Will be looking for your posts as they come along.
  • edited January 2018
    @Wonderlust I liked Garden of Love, I watched it when you drafted it a few years ago. I should give it another watch.

Do you know if The Barn (2016) is a good throwback slasher?
    @Midnight-Kroovy YES! The Barn is great!
  • I liked The Barn. :o
    edited January 2018

I wasn't gonna watch the screener James Quinn sent me. I wanted to wait til I held the film in my hand and put in the disk. <3 But on this lazy Sunday I said why not. I'm glad I watched it. The imagery is beautiful. There was one scene and one audio that were a tad disturbing. The audio of a child screaming , pleading that made me sit up and take notice of that deep down gut feeling I like. Chilling to say the least. The other scene I won't/can't mention. Everything else was complete pleasure.

This film carried all the things I like in underground filmmaking. This is why I like the independent scene, filmmakers can put their visions on screen, what they dream, feel, like to see and there is no one to tell them to remove this part, or change the cover art, or even the title. They don't care what the mainstream thinks. It's theirs, to share with whomever is interested. Thank fuck there are companies like Unearthed Films, Black Lava and many others that will take these movies and give them amazing releases.

Someone in a FB group said this will be release 11~30~2018 Mediabook release via extreme label
    Stephen Biro
    Admin · 5 hrs
    Unearthed Films is proud to announce that we are now the exclusive distributor for all Plotdigger Films releases.
    Yes, the rumors are true! Our first release will be Nicholson's FAMINE, which has never had a release in the US.

Here’s a list of the films we will be releasing on Blu-ray from the Plotdigger Films library (in no particular order):

GUTTERBALLS
    LIVE FEED
    HANGER
    TORCHED
    STAR VEHICLE

PLUS BIG FUCKING MONSTER (Never seen before. We are working on the post and edit to complete the film)

AND (Drum Roll………) GUTTERBALLS 2!!!

Yeah, Yeah, I know. I’m sure there are a lot of people who are pissed off at Ryan Nicholson because he didn’t deliver on his INDIEGOGO promises, BUT here’s the good news! In a heartfelt effort to rectify the situation, Unearthed Films is working closely with Ryan to edit the GUTTERBALLS 2 footage and complete the film so that it can be distributed and delivered to all those fans who put up their hard earned money to support the INDIEGOGO campaign. Regrettably, GUTTERBALLS 3 will never see the light of day as no footage was shot.

Let me tell you the reasons why I’ve decided to work with Ryan Nicholson to try and make things right, not just for fans of GUTTERBALLS but for his whole library.

As some of you may know, Ryan Nicholson was diagnosed with an aggressive brain tumor while working on GUTTERBALLS 2 and GUTTERBALLS 3. He soon became deathly ill but managed to finish the shoot of GB2 (but not GB3). Fortunately, he had successful brain surgery to stop the cancer but poking around in the brain can also have negative consequences. The surgery resulted in personality changes and work on some of his films was put on hold as other medical conditions surfaced. To this day, Ryan is still dealing with medical problems resulting from the surgery.

Unearthed Films released Ryan’s film COLLAR some years back and he liked what we did with the release. He also knew that we have the ability to do postproduction in house and that we could help in bringing some of his lost movies into the light of day. It made sense therefore for us to come together and work on his films. We plan to get them completed, delivered, distributed AND to clean up the INDIEGOGO mess.

Here’s what we plan to do. To all those people who purchased GB2 and GB3 from the suspended INDIEGOGO campaign, we will be offering the completed GB2 plus BIG FUCKING MONSTER. These will be free of charge and we’ll pay for the postage. This way, INDIEGOGO customers will be receiving two new films as was originally intended. IF the INDIEGOGO campaign left a bad taste in your mouth and you don't want BIG FUCKING MONSTER, we will let you choose a Blu-ray or DVD from the Unearthed Films catalog to make up the difference. We hope this will go a long way to rectifying the situation and be some kind of compensation for the trouble caused. We will be contacting everyone who pre-bought from the INDIEGOGO campaign to find out how you want to proceed.

To be honest, Ryan Nicholson is very lucky to still be alive. Unearthed Films is stepping in, not only as fans but also as Ryan’s new distributor and business partner, in order to try and make everything right. We believe this is the least we can do for everyone involved including the Unearthed Films fans and family, for all Ryan Nicholson and Plotdigger fans, and also for his haters and people pissed off at the situation. We are confident that we can make this right (or at least somewhat right) and certainly an improvement on the present situation. Ryan needs our help to make this a reality and the fans who made GB2 possible need our help in order to get delivery of the film they ordered long ago.

I realize I may get a lot of hate for taking this on... but fuck it. The way I look at it is... we are all family in the small corner of the horror industry where we reside and flourish... sometimes we need help to make things right and I’m lucky enough to be in a position to help in some way, shape or form and I’m going to do that.

To recap, FAMINE will be Unearthed Films first release in a series of “never before seen” movies from Plotdigger. We will be finalizing BIG FUCKING MONSTER while others on the Unearthed Films team will be working from scratch on the edit of GUTTERBALLS 2 in order to complete the film as was originally envisioned by Ryan. The only version of GB2 that has ever been shown was a cobbled together “film festival” version. It was a speed edit by someone who had no experience and is not reflective of what the film could be. I know this because I’ve looked through the dailies and there’s some damn good stuff in there. Meanwhile, Ryan will be working on the statues of the BBK that were ordered through INDIEGOGO to get them finished. As for the collectors’ sets that promised two additional versions of GB2 and GB3 (the “bootleg” and “pin-atration” cuts) we’re probably not going to do these. The “bootleg” cut with unlicensed music is particularly problematic.

I hope this is positive news (even great news!) for everyone. It means BIG FUCKING MONSTER, FAMINE and GUTTERBALLS 2 will see the light of day and all the previously released films will be on Blu-ray. If we’re lucky, we may also get our hands on another “never before seen” Nicholson film called CANNIBAL LIPSTICK. We are trying to locate the footage and hope to make this a reality too.

In addition to all the above, we are working behind the scenes on a lot of other exciting projects and will have news on these soon.
    Death and Dismemberment,

Stephen Biro
    Unearthed Films

BFM.png
    edited October 2020
    Stephen Biro
    1h ·
    For Halloween... here is American Guinea Pig: Bouquet of Guts and Gore for FREE!!!

Share the link for some Snuff FIlm Goodness!!! Have some fun... show it to people you know will get upset and most of all... Happy Halloween!!!

https://player.vimeo.com/external/111605456.sd.mp4?s=aa4291bcf7c31b233d88f85cdf254d21897d7476&profile_id=112

123316353_10164491637170531_8007058080113128737_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&ccb=2&_nc_sid=8024bb&_nc_ohc=aIcd6mRUdOUAX91hRYP&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3c4c5f3ca08bac49dc3a05a7d75560b1&oe=5FC0ED30