Foreign Films

WonderlustWonderlust lingered last in line for brains and the one she got was sorta rotten and insane

Comments

• gwallygwally Snowhio
    edited October 2017

I recently watched two incredible foreign horror films:

The House at the End of Time -- An absolutely brilliant ghost story. With overwhelming evidence against her, Dulce is imprisoned for the murder of her husband and disappearance of her eldest son. Thirty years later she is released from prison and returns to the family home under house arrest where she is again tormented by something supernatural.

RAW -- A deliciously dark and entertaining look at the awakening of a young French woman's hunger for flesh.
    Forget the popcorn and Milk Duds. This film requires a more sophisticated fare. If beef Carpaccio and pan seared tuna are not to your liking, wings or even fondue will suffice. Just make sure to include plenty of dipping sauces and red wine. Bon Appétit!

The Silence (2010) -- Not horror, but if you're into thrillers it's not a back flick!

• Raw is fantastic.
  • @Orville Ketchum
    The soundtrack is wonderful as well. I've listened to it a couple times already.

• @gwally The scene with her jamming out in front of the mirror was great. The lyrics to that song made me chuckle a little bit.
  • I loved that scene as well! I plan on giving it a second watch very soon.
  • horrorfan ukhorrorfan uk South Wales, UK.

'Raw' is definitely in my top ten of this year and i only discovered 'The House At The End of Time' after i read a review in 'Scream' magazine. Again, like 'The Silence' although not horror i really enjoyed 'The Hidden Face' too.

• I'm slowly working my way through Jean Rollin's catalog of films, and watched this last week. I thought it was really good. V
    ery dreamlike and gothy.

• @horrorfan uk I’m definitely going to check out The Hidden Face. Thanks for the tip.

Here is a small list of horror films if anyone is interested:
    https://letterboxd.com/gwally/list/foreign-horror/
  • vikki237vikki237 London, UK

I watched ATROZ. I should have taken notice of the warning not to see it. It's one of the most vicious, brutal film experiences I've ever had.

btw THE HDDEN FACE is an exceptional film.

• hello_sidneyhello_sidney White Plains, NY

I recommend Ils (Them), great movie and if you haven't seen Frontiers, which is also a French movie, go see both of 'em . French are really good at making horror

• hello_sidneyhello_sidney White Plains, NY

Croatian thriller Fine Dead Girls is also amazing

• OMG. ATROZ is a hard watch!!!

Atomicb - I don't know anyone else who's seen it!

• hhhhey vikki how did you get to hear about it? I watched the Bleeding Critics review.

ab. SO DID I!!!! I wish I listened to his warning. BC does the best reviews of sure. his voice was friggin awesome! he'd be excellent at doing stories. x

• his review of IT is wicked - he's more scarier. He already does narrate stories.

thats my new wallpaper - thanks 4 that. he is fine x

• :) check this out - BC knocks it out of the park, even better than mr nightmare & creepsmcpasta

ab. wow I've subscribed x that vid is both terrifying & amazing. Bleeding Critic is friggin talented. sets the bar for sure.