Friday the 13th: The Game

Comments

• travisbickletravisbickle Florida
    edited January 2018

Now we just need the remake and FVJ Jasons and we're set. Unless they wanna get really kooky and add Pamela some how? Also hoping they do Demon ("Damn enchiladas!") as a counselor at some point... I know Reggie would be difficult being a kid and all.

Fuck, I love this game!
  • Finally Roy gets his due! Demon and Reggie would be great additions too.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I swear more children play this game then COD. One kid was talking about the Jarvis house and I mentioned how good they did bringing it from the movie to the game, th layout and details, etc.

He said his mom doesn’t let him watch the movies.
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    Haha. I have the Savini Jason and I get asked which movie is he from all the time. :lol:
  • They really need to work on the car jason mechanic. If Jason is knocked down I should be able to drive past him, it shouldn’t automatically bring him right back up and wreck the car. Fucking hell.
    Roy's stats for the update tomorrow.

Y3l0Tor.jpg
    edited January 2018
    ^Fingers crossed for a shears in the eye sockets grab kill and a tree/strap environmental kill.

F13game forums just posted some info on the changes being made to the counselors...

Good morning, counselors.

We have received multiple reports that many of you are bringing more pocket knives than could possibly be necessary to camp. In addition to pocket knives, there is an abundance of sharp-edged and blunt instruments that can be used as weaponry.

The following changes will be made to acceptable behavior when we next open the camp:

Pocket knives will be far less available throughout the camp, though special visitors will still be allowed to bring a personal pocket knife.
    We have limited access to some pieces of hardware that can be used as weaponry, including an abundance of machetes and wrenches, that have later been found left around the camp. – These items will still be at the camp, but there will be less available.
    Special note: Due to the abandonment of expensive medical inventory – Med Sprays - all over the grounds, we have been forced to reduce the amount available.

Please remember to do your part to eliminate the wasting of expensive and necessary camp supplies.

Fuck yes on less pocket knifes (shit was getting ridiculous) but I don't know how I feel about limited access to other weaponry...

I don't mind the amount of pocket knives but I do think there should be a skill check of some kind to use them. A mini game on undoing Jason's traps and having to at least press a button in time before Jason kill's you when he grabs you.
  • Update looks great.

I don't mind the amount of knives either. I hack when I'm Jason. I stopped grabbing.
    I think they did a good job with Roy. I only had time to play a couple of bot games but the gardening shears kills are pretty brutal. Even though I didn't get to explore the Pinehurst map that much, I definitely like the set up of the map. Seems more challenging for the counselors which is fun. Can't wait to get some online play to get a better feel of the new patch.
  • _Blakelock__Blakelock_ - OHMSS
    edited January 2018
    Haven’t really noticed a change in how many weapons spawn which was a concern I had.

The new kills are fun and the new map is more challenging IMO.

Great update all around.
    Was able to really dive in and play on the Pinehurst map as Counselor and Jason. It's definitely a Jason friendly map especially till people get the hang of it as a counselor. I killed 7 out of 7 counselors in under 10 mins and they didn't accomplish anything. Roy is fast as shit.

As a counselor is was really tough to navigate and find items. They weren't lying about taking away the number of weapons and pocket knives. Even when I got the car going it's was difficult to find the way out.

I love the new update and also glad that they are putting all their efforts into dedicated servers.
    edited February 2018
    Loving Roy and the new map. The game is pretty much perfectly balanced now after the update.

Double XP Weekend! Time to get grinding.

Oh, and there's this...

<3
    edited February 2018
    27971973_2079720432043444_1751080015889221959_n.jpg?oh=a5e0423f51899a04069917799ec13d1c&oe=5B1DF2F2

27973696_2079538725394948_1567291787284654745_n.png?oh=3ca0710ce07eb2b88bb547c506fd0616&oe=5B14EC67

27751582_2079538722061615_6731592615465376445_n.jpg?oh=25634b0f2bd0b515d1559c9e1ac4b7fc&oe=5B1F65F2
    They put that (Paranoia) on hold for while and are focusing on dedicated servers. They are also trying to figure out a way for it to be more fun and were having a hard time. I want it too but I want dedicated servers more.

The single mode looks awesome though.
  • _Blakelock__Blakelock_ - OHMSS
    edited February 2018
    Need those dedicated servers bad. Took 5 games to get one started. Played as Jason and took out the counselors and Tommy. As the game is wrapping the hosts quits and we get nothing.

Fucking hell.
    edited February 2018
    Yea I have killed the host really quick a few times just to have them rage quit less than 5 minutes into the match. Ridiculous
  • can't wait for this to go on sale
  • He’s talking about the game.
    Finally!