Stephen King's 1922 -- A Netflix Original

gwallygwally Snowhio
edited October 2017 in Movies and TV

Stephen King’s 1922
A Netflix Original

The list of television and film adaptations based on the works of Stephen King is quite impressive and fortunately for us, it only continues to grow. For over forty years we’ve been treated to films and made-for-TV movies and the occasional miniseries. This year alone there have been adaptations of The Dark Tower, Gerald's Game, Children of the Corn: Runaway, Two cable TV series: Mr. Mercedes and The Mist, and the hugely successful Film remake of IT.

The latest adaptation is the Netflix original, 1922 based on the 2010 novella. It’s the story of a farmer from Hemingford Home, Nebraska (sound familiar??) trying to preserve the farmland that’s been in his family for generations. His scheme and the resulting horror for those involved is the stuff King fans never get enough of.

1922.png 805.3K

Comments

• Super excited to watch this, great story so I hope they do it justice.

Would you... like to be upgraded?

• I thought this was a great adaptation of the novella. The last scene was different from the book but still super creepy.
  • Hearing really good things about this so will be watching it soon.

2017 really has been the year for King adaptations.

• edited October 2017

Waaaaaaaay too long and there were some pulpy moments that felt out of place. Great lead performances, but Jane's bordered on parody at points. Really not sure this had to be more than 80 minutes, if that.

Everything else was pretty top. Netflix movies are usually ugly, this isn't. The professionalism in all regards does give it an air of legitimacy that it wouldn't have if it had gone the DTV route; strong emotional core, some effective moments. I'm impressed.

• Enjoyed the movie, cinematography and story telling were very good.