Pro Wrestling Thread

Comments

• James Ellsworth released.
  • TexasSnacksTexasSnacks is Certified Rotten
    tumblr_oze1x9HC9g1u1ljrzo1_500.gif
  • Gets me every time
  • Also read that Sami and Owens have got Enzo heat backstage over the last few months, Neville is in talks to return and Aries didn't want to leave and has been rehabbing at the PC since.
  • People who speak their mind are a problem in that company. I think back to the story after Chris Hero got released, Yoshi Tatsu came to the back after a match of botches and Sami says something along the lines of

"Hero gets released and this fucking asshole is still here?" Owens has told the story himself about Cesaro asking if he can give some input to a match, and Sami just says no and keeps talking. If there's two guys who aren't gonna be afraid of creative, it's those two.

As I've said here, imagine going from one of the best in the world to being a total geek of a babyface like Zayn was. And he was STILL so good at what they told him to do.
  • edited November 2017
  • https://youtube.com/watch?v=T32mZoVymYw

edit

I mean rly tho you have a near 15 year vet come in and ur like goddamn rookie keeps asking questions

whadaya expect
  • You definitely have to be corporate in WWE, Jimmy Jacobs got major heat because he didn't know how to conduct himself which irritated everyone. It just isn't for everybody.

Zayn is a hell of a worker but he looks like he should be selling hotdogs in the stands, he's been a channel changer pretty much his whole run for me.
  • He's probably the best babyface promo in years...

• Nah, Zayn's a pretty mediocre talker. I struggle to pay attention to him.

I found out something recently that I completely missed back in the day. I used to do wrestling training back when I was about 19 and Hade Vansen was the trainer for a couple of lessons. I barely remember anything about him other than he was passing through and getting booked a lot.

Turns out he got signed to development and was called up to wrestle the Undertaker at Mania 25 :o He was supposed to lead a gang of misfits that Taker would beat one at a time then finally face Vade Hansen at Mania. They aired this promo on Smackdown;

Then Vince saw him for the first time said "no" and they released him the next day. Now he's just a part time actor. Life takes lots of weird turns...

• Name two others on the roster more genuine and believable. I'll wait.
  • Thats some of his best work and I don't think anyone really gave a crap. If Zayn is the best baby promo in years then I'm Brad Pitt.
  • edited November 2017
    Lol blame creative for nobody caring.

Who's better?
  • _Blakelock__Blakelock_ - OHMSS
    edited November 2017
    I’m ready for Survivor Series, should be a pretty good show. AJ/Lesnar should be awesome and seeing Kurt lock up with Triple H or Roode will be great.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • He's on the same team as Triple H. Doesn't mean it can't happen though.
    One good things that usually happens at PPV with pretty crappy builds is that the matches are better than average.

Charlotte vs Alexa is much better now.
    5v5 still does nothing for me but seems like it will lead to some decent angle afterward.
    Miz vs Baron- Yawn.
    New Day vs Shield- should be a great match but Shield wins predictably.
    Asuka should destroy all. Does Paige return as the 5th member of SD? Hope so.
    Usos vs Cesaro and Sheamus- yawn again but should be hard hitting
    Brock vs AJ- just give it the time it needs.
  • @Mr. Awesome Yeah I figure at some point they’ll square off even though they’re on the same team, probably be some screwy finish to it.
    2018 Summer Flash Draft Winner!
  • I like to think they'd protect AJ given how much they have and are putting him over, but we saw what Brock did to Randy. Idk about this one.
    They should leave AJ vs Brock as open ended as possible to me. Revisiting them with a much longer angle would be great to me with a couple of matches and big payoff.