Pro Wrestling Thread

Comments

• RowdyRoddyCrackpiperRowdyRoddyCrackpiper Badstreet USA
    edited March 2019
    Yankee Stadium can't do WrestleMania or the Super Bowl though; it only holds 50,000. I guess New York just don't get no more major sporting events then. At least not literal New York City. It's like some nincompoop coming out of the woodwork to wonder why the Redskins don't play on the White House front lawn.
  • Just read about Ciampa, he's having a really bad time with injuries.

So Mania so far is

Charlotte Vs Becky Vs Ronda
    Lesnar Vs Rollins
    AJ Vs Orton
    Miz Vs Shane McMahon
    Triple H Vs Batista
    Kurt Angle Vs ???

I don't have a problem with the match but I don't want to see Kofi win the title.
  • I know it's too far away to predict anything but I just saw something about the possibility of rain during Wrestlemania. That should be fun.
  • Cain Velasquez signs with AAA lol, Ill watch that.

Charlotte beat Asuka for title, been rumblings for ages that they are gonna merge the womens divisions.
  • @Midnight-Kroovy there's gonna be like 18 matches dude

The New Japan stained by I mean featuring Ring of Honor show has its full card out

Honor Rumble (Liger announced)
    Ospreay/Cobb (awesome)
    Dalton Castle/Rush (wat)
    Bully Ray Street Fight (why)
    Ishimori/Dragon Lee/Bandido (holy fuck)
    GOD/LIJ/Briscoes/PCO & Brody King
    ZSJ/Tanahashi
    Naito/Ibushi
    Jay Lethal/Matt Taven/Marty Scull
    Switchblade/Okada

Should still be a great show, but it sucks we didn't get Omega/Okada and the ROH stuff is wack. The booking over there outside of the main event really is questionable.
  • LMAO It's always too damn long. Apparently they've considered making it a 2 day event FFS. For me, big wrestling shows should be 3 hours, 4 at a push.

I'm sure it will be a great show but I'm not too hot on ROH or NJPW right now. Ishii should street fight Bully Ray lol.

Just kinda patiently waiting for Wrestlemania and then AEW to start...
  • I cancelled my New Japan sub at the end of January, but gave in because I got a feeling Jay was going to win the title at New Beginning. He did. They had some dope shows and this month they had the best New Japan Cup in history.

ROH, however, is ROH. impossible to care about anything other than their PPV's.

As for Mania, I couldn't care less. Takeover is where its at, took off Friday/Saturday.

Adam Cole/ vs Gargano 2/3 Falls
    Pete Dunne vs Walter
    Ricochet/Black vs War Machine
    Velveteen vs Riddle
    Biana/Io/Kairi/Shayna

I'm calling Cole/Gargano, Dunne/Walter, and Naito/Ibushi for top 3 matches of the weekend.
  • Watch Ishii/Okada, complete war and my match of the year so far
  • Can Cain sell out MSG with AEW? AAA is doing a Garden show.
  • I dunno how things are gonna turn out with Cain but any stacked wrestling show should do well at the Garden.

I've not had much time for wrestling past month or so, only NJPW thing I've seen recently is Okada Vs Sanada. I will check out that Ishii match though.

Once I get a bunch of bills out the way I'm gonna have to think about what tickets I want to buy. Metallica+Ghost is priority and I'd like to go watch the London MLB game. Haven't bought NJPW UK tickets yet but I'm thinking about it. None of my mates will wanna go though.
  • Wait until a card is released. It's stupid how they expect sell outs without a card.

John Oliver went in on WWE for like 20 minutes tonight. Interesting.
  • I'm not really into the NJPW roster at the moment tbh, they've lost too many people. Tickets aren't cheap either and I get spoilt by Rev Pro.The Copper Box Arena is good though, might grab cheap seats at the back as the view is still great.

I'm visiting a friend this weekend so gonna miss out on most of the wrestling until Sunday evening. Might be able to catch Takeover.

Looking forward to Riddle Vs Dream and Walter Vs Dunne (when do UK Takeovers happen?)
  • They only lost The Elite. This last stretch has really shown their depth.
  • edited April 2019
    The Elite was a big loss though and a lot of their current guys don't do it for me.
  • It's literally just Omega though. The Bucks were only on big shows in 8-12 minute matches with few exceptions. Hangman just had a great G1 last year, but it's not like he was prominent. Marty should still be in BOSJ, but he's not prominent in the Jr. Title picture either.

Jay replacing Omega is a downgrade, but on the flip side we have Ospreay moving to heavyweight and Ibushi there full time. Sanada got over like crazy in the cup, they got Zack/Ishii still, and the top three of Okada/Tana/Naito. That's eight main event guys right there. Hiromu's coming back, Shota Umino and Ren Narita are growing from young lion's to superstars right in front of our eyes. This period of Jay is also going to be iconic in 10 years.

Aside from that big Omega match which you know is going to be epic... nothing's changed.
  • And SHINGO TAKAGI. Guy's amazing.
  • Highly recommend checking out the Omega Man documentary. Made wrestling and Omega/Ibushi come off so well
  • Will be watching Omega Man for sure.

I like Jay White but it's really early days for him. Okada and Tana are great but I'm not like a giant mark for them and I'm not even into Naito. Only really a mark for Ishii and Suzuki.
  • edited April 2019
    Watching Kurt Angle's farewell matches and those neck surgeries have seriously limited his mobility, I'm expecting his Mania match to be so short. It's a shame but I hope he at least feels better outside the ring.

As for John Oliver, I felt he just reiterated some valid points that have been going around for decades now. It feels disingenuous coming from his show though, especially since he happened to pick this fight just 2 days after Trump made the announcement with Linda McMahon.

Edit: What police officer thought it would be a good idea to lock Becky and Ronda in the back of the same car? lol
  • They're still top guys ya nob :) and top 10 in the world

Definitely early for Jay, but it was way too early for Okada back when he was starting. This is how you make stars.